Tripyramids up Pine Bend 12/27/07

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ridgewalker

Reaction score
Ray, Marty, LarryD, and I began our climb at the crack of dawn and crossed several brooks with a little drama provided by me at the third crossing. Luckilly the gaitors prevented my legs from getting wet.

The ascent up the ravine climbed steadily as we huffed and puffed up the packed trail. We did not have to break trail at all :)

We put on our crampons at the top of the ravine and continued our hike. The last leg as told by Marty is pain in the neck in the summer, and thanks to the snow we did not have to deal with nasty roots and rocks.

The summit afforded undercast views of the Waterville Valley and Mount Tecumseh. That was all we saw that day :( but we enjoyed the rhime ice and the scenery.

We bagged both of the 48 Tri's for the lists. This is about number 32 for me and Larry is about halfway through the winter 48. Ray and Marty provided moral support.

Ray nearly lost his crampon and thanks to Larry's sharp eyes, and the yellow straps we did not loose anything. :D

We did the hike in about seven hours, the men rewarded their efforts with a beer and pretzels! It was a great workout (no kidding!) and with the company we had, I don't think we would have made it.

Pics:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album/561939344dXGaAs

RW

Last edited:
Nice job all. That trail can be a tough steep one, escpecially if the snow is unconsolidated.

Keep moving on those lists.

Clarke -
nice TR and pix, especially of the awesome undercast. 'Twas quite a nice stroll we all had.

Good job of 'fessing up about playing in the stream. Glad your fancy footwork prevented you from getting too wet.

Look forward to hiking with you again!

Marty