Tuesday Paddle on Cochituate North Lake

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SherpaKroto

Reaction score
No Reading, MA Avatar: Crater Rim, Mt Rainier, 8/4
I'm probably not the best one to put his here (since I've never been to this place!) but in the interest of inviting those of you who have not yet opted for the Paddle Park section of VFTT forums:

When: Tuesday, 6/26 launch @6:30PM
Where: Cochituate North Lake (Natick)

Directions:
Take the Mass Pike Exit 13 (Natick/Framingham). After toll bear left toward Natick. You’ll be on Route 30. Go through the set of lights. Shortly after that you will see the Lake Cochituate State Park entrance on the right. DO NOT ENTER THERE! Keep going about another 1/2 mile, crossing over the Lake and the Pike, until you see a dirt road entrance into the trees on the left. It is not well marked but the gate post has a white “5” on it. This is the car top boat launch area. Turn left onto that road and drive carefully a few hundred yards to the lake. (If you get to the intersection of Route 30 and Route 27 you’ve gone too far.)

Surface Streets: If you’d rather take Route 30 than the Pike, if you are coming from the west, follow the directions above from the Pike exit. If you are coming from the east, the Lake access road is about (?) mile east of Route 27 on the right side just after the Wayland Cemetery entrance. If you go over the Pike and find yourself at the State Park Entrance, you’ve gone too far.

We are a motley crew, and we definitely bite! This isn't hard core paddling: just a nice excuse to get out, socialize, and get some casual paddling in. All are welcome, regardless of ability, or in my case, lack thereof!

Wish I could make it - it is just too far from home for me on a weeknight.

Details...

OK, here are the details for this evening's paddle:
1) launch at 6:30
2) head in a clockwise direction (good call!), regardless of wind direction
3) bring beverage of choice

Kayak is waiting patiently for me. It looked ready considering all it did over the weekend was ride to northern NH and back - never left the cartop :rolleyes: Hope to see many of you there!

(Note: Going forward, I will only post mentions to paddling trips in "Paddle Park". Please opt-in to that forum to see these. Thanks!)