Ummm...yeah. Pyramid Peak (CO)

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gator

Reaction score
I wouldn't normally cross-post a thread from another forum, but I felt this TR was too amazing to not share with others who enjoy challenges and being in the mountains.

It's a ski mountaineering excursion on Pyramid Peak, a 14er near Aspen, Colorado.

The poster of the TR is a local boy who grew up in Wells, Maine.

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52273

There's not much else of substance other than the original post. The rest is just congratulatory remarks.

Enjoy!

On the topic of local guys, Chris Davenport grew up in Mass. That's a hell of a project he's working on. I wonder if he'll finish. The film should be awesome.

I think the skiing was actually the easier part. That climb up the NE ridge is harrowing even in dry, summertime conditions. I can't imagine it with cornices and snow and wind. :eek:

Holy crap - just an awesome trip report. One of the best TRs that i have ever read. These guys are hardcore.

Reading Dave's link, it's amazing that all 55 of the 14K's are within 432' of each other in elevation!

Heck, the Catskills aren't even that level!