VNBs Gathering - Weekend of 4/8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Rankin

Reaction score
Announcing the first Views And Brews Gathering! Come one, come all to our Gathering.

Meet your fellow drinkers with a hiking problem! :eek: Bag a few brewpubs! :D

Plans are being made. Suggestions are welcome. Right now the plan is to meet somewhere in NW Mass. Maybe the Greylock area. This is centrally located to a lot of our members, and provides access to multiple states.

Post here, or join VNBs. (You have to PM or email me, otherwise I get too much SPAM!)

Here is a Google Map of the MA brewpubs. Each state page has a Google map.

Here is a thread on the VNBs board.

We'd love to hand out a few more patches at the Gathering, so go ahead and get started!

Let me be the first to reply: YES, I'll be there, somehow, someway.

If you have not picked out a spot just yet, let me respectfully submit moving just a touch north to the New London, NH area. This will allow access to the Flying Goose Brew Pub. Large picture windows look out on Mount Kearsarge (south), plus mount Sunapee.

Are bourbon drinkers allowed? I don't drink any kind of beer...

Let me be the first to reply: YES, I'll be there, somehow, someway.

If you have not picked out a spot just yet, let me respectfully submit moving just a touch north to the New London, NH area. This will allow access to the Flying Goose Brew Pub. Large picture windows look out on Mount Kearsarge (south), plus mount Sunapee.
Well, maybe if the Dental Office makes another generous donation, we can swing something! :D

Actually, New London is almost 3 hours away from Adams, MA, so I think that's a pretty big 'touch'. But we intend to move this around. Besides, Flying Goose is more or less on your way down, right? :D

Well, maybe if the Dental Office makes another generous donation, we can swing something! :D

Actually, New London is almost 3 hours away from Adams, MA, so I think that's a pretty big 'touch'. But we intend to move this around. Besides, Flying Goose is more or less on your way down, right? :D

Okay, you're in the drivers seat for this one.

I knew it! You're busted! ;)
Huh? I din't do nothin'!

Last edited:
Will keep u updated....I already have NY, VT and CT....will work on MA......I'd love to go back to NH but that's going to have to be a long summer week to spend time up there.

Will keep u updated....I already have NY, VT and CT....will work on MA......I'd love to go back to NH but that's going to have to be a long summer week to spend time up there.

IT'S ALIVE !!! Wow, nothing like hanging a hike and a beer in front of someone to get them motivated !

I'm in. We have a wedding the week before, so this date works well. Don't really care where it is. Anyone coming through or near western CT can join me.

Are bourbon drinkers allowed? I don't drink any kind of beer...

Here! Here! for bourbon! What's your poison, TCD? I normally go for Makers Mark with a splash and a couple small ice cubes. They have another, "406", but even a bit more premium. The Blue Grass Tavern in Lexington, KY, boasts at least 162 different bourbons, some discontinued, but no "Tennessee swill"!

... I don't usually drink beer but when I do I seek a local brew ... don't know if this is local or not but have been in Florida a week and was offerred a Yuengling which I highly recommend. At $6 a pitcher I have yet to read its lable.

You should rent this place out:

http://www.canyonranch.com/lenox/

:D

I see those vans they use to shuttle people to go on their fu fu snowshoe hikes in Pleasant Valley (Mass audobon society) and I saw some signings from patrons on an AT register today so i thought I'd check out their website...

Jay

We are GO for 4/8 - 4/10!

We are staying at JerichoValley Inn http://jerichovalleyinn.com/

Location: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...74.051285&sspn=0.279468,0.452499&ie=UTF8&z=16

If you want to join us, let me know, there may be some options.

Now we need to discuss hiking and Pubs!

Laurie and I wanted to visit the Ice Gulch. http://www.cnyhiking.com/ATinMASS-MA23.htm

Paula wants to go to Graylock. There is also another 3K nearby called Saddleball, slightly off trail, I think we can manage! It's about 2 miles South of Graylock on the AT.

Brewpubs? We'll go anywhere! :D

More discussion on VNBs.

Tom, I went to the Barrington Brewery a few months ago, what other breweries are in that vicinity? It's still possible, long shot.