Where am I?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup.......I agree with New Hampshire....definitely Liberty. When was this photo taken? I have exactly the same shot, only snow covered and minus you on the top.
Nice one! ;) Kath

Here is what it looks like in Winter shot from the same spot.
15.jpg

I'm not so sure it is Liberty. There's no flag on top!

;)

(We know it isn't Carrigain though - no fire tower)

Is this a possible new quiz idea?

Tim

Last edited:
2006 - the picture is a hot link to the album which contains a bunch of faces from that year... Marc Howes and I identified a few faces well after the fact, but I was a Views read-only lurker at that time.

Tim

Well, that one was WAYYYY to easy.

My picture was taken September 3rd, 1995.

The first time I hiked Liberty was a backpack trip in September of 1988.

I thought I was going to die. Actually, I thought I was going to kill my boyfriend, and so did he! We brought SO much stuff, it was unreal.

He cooked me this gourmet meal that had all the other campers drooling. Then he had 2 bottles of wine and a fifth of scotch!

I never let him pack my pack again.

The thru hikers were happy to relieve him of carrying the remainder of the scotch back down.

:rolleyes:

Ah, to be young and really really stupid...

He really is a fantastic cook though! ;)

I showed my wife your pic and said to her that it was the same shot of me back in 95' and then I read when you took it. lol

Mine has some cloud below and I refer to it as the Jesus shot.

Funny!

I have a shot of me on top of Ike, and there is a fluffly little cloud right over my head. I call it the 'cloud hat' photo!

Honestly, I asked the question because I really wasn't sure, I have SOOOOO many hiking photos, like everyone else here does, you forget sometimes... :eek:

I saw this slideshow a few years ago on the history of the White Mountains, or something like that from the Jackson Historical Society.

The gentleman giveing the lecture was going through a lot of slides of the mountains and the shots were truely fantastic, but everyone in the room was identifying the peaks and trails etc...

He stopped part way through and said 'I give this slideshow and lecture all over the state. And everywhere else I get 'oooohhs' and 'aaaahhhhs' from these photos. But every time I do this show up here everyone has been there and done that, and you probably all have the same photos at home!'

It really made us all laugh, because it was so true.

;)