Which VFTT most often seen?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jn316

Reaction score
Which view from the top (even if fog or trees) has been seen most often by those who read/write on VFTT; which peak have more of us climbed more often than any other?
Washington? Cardigan? Katahdin? Marcy? Mansfield? Owl's Head? The Peak Above the Nubble? Someone who knows how to set up polls might be able to figure this out, or we could just guess.

Another question: which place in the mountains has been visited at least once by most who post here: parking lot at Pinkham? the Garden? Washington summit? Woodstock Station?

I have climbed Liberty seven times. I feel it is right in the middle effort-wise as far as day hikes go and the views are top 10. I go to Liberty for its convenience, its beautifully maintained trail (AT) and its great views. Its also a good first "big" mountain for potential hiking friends.
As far as which mountain place most of the board has seen? Yeah probably Pinkham or maybe Lincoln Woods around here. In NY Id say the Loj or Johns Brook? Hey even Ive been there and Im an Adirondack novice!

Funny you should ask. I was just looking at that yesterday. Mt. Washington is it for me. Six times. The first time was June 1974 and most recent was January 2005.
Oh, and Mt. Monadnock six times as well. First was January 1990? and just last month, August 2005.

Moosilauke, roughly 130 times. Many others (like Lincoln, Madison, Adams, N Kinsman) I've been up a dozen or so.

-dave-

Washington, 6 times, the most recent on August 26. Great day, perfect clear weather. Up Tuckerman ravine, down Boott Spur.

Steve

I"ve climbed Moosilauke, Jefferson, Eisenhower, Hale, and the Franconia Ridge 6-10 times each. It wasnt until I saw that movie by He Who Must Not Be Named that I was inspired to do other summits and try the 48. To date, I've summited 100+ times in the Whites, yet I've only done 37 seperate peaks.

Bob

The most I have done for repeats on peaks is Washington 4 times. The last 4 years. Next would be Chocorua and Monadnock 3 times each.

Right now, Jefferson, Franconia Ridge and Garfield are tied as my most visited peaks with three times apiece. Edmund's Path and Caps Ridge are my most hiked trails, also tied at three times apiece.

- Ivy

It's Bemis Mountain in the Rangeley, ME area for me. It's right behind my camp, so the opportunity is always there. I have been to the top of 2nd peak about 15 times. I have hiked or wacked other parts of it so many times that I could not begin to count. I have done Bald Mountain in Rangeley at least 25 times (nice family hike). As far as higher peaks go, Saddleback (ME) and Goose Eye are the ones I do every year.

Carter Dome, which I've been up in both summer and winter, and Welch-Dickey, are both in the 6-7 times range. I'd have to do a lot of note-reading to get an exact count. :)

Marcy 4
Giant 4

Gothics 3
Rocky Peak Ridge 3
Armstrong 3
Upper Wolfjaw 3
Lower Wolfjaw 3

Algonquin 2
Haystack 2
Skylight 2
Dix 2
Iroquois 2
Nippletop 2
Santanoni 2
Wright 2
Cascade 2
Porter 2
Dial 2
East Dix 2
Couchsachraga 2
Baxter (Katahdin) 2 (Same trip)

Washington - 6
Katahdin, Carter Dome, Lincoln, Lafayette, Monadnock - 3 each
Adams, Madison, Jefferson, Carrigain, N/S Hancock, Moosilauke, Cannon - 2 each
Greylock and Everett - dozens (grew up in West. Mass)

Need another trip to Owl's Head to the "new" summit :)

Last edited:
Imp Face over 50 times
Washington 27 (7 different months)
Adams 16 (8 different months)
Jefferson 11
Goose Eye 9
Madison 8
A bunch at 7 and 6.

Washington is #1 in 4K's only because I spent a lot of time at Dolly Copp growing up. A lot of folks I'd meet would want to hike and if they were to do one hike, it would always be Washington. Then there were the Boy Scout hikes... I also can't even guess how many times I've been to the top of the Ravine while skiing. It's all great!

Bigelow: a lot
Baxter Peak: almost as many

You folks really keep that close a count of how many times you climb mountains? :eek:

Washington-11 times, 13 attempts (winter)
Lafayette-7 times, 12 attempts (5 failed, twice in one winter!) :(
North Pawtuckaway 10 times
Monroe-7 times

Here's one from the dax :)

Marcy - 4 (5 attempts)

The northeast has too much to offer right now, so I will probably not be repeating too many until I have them all. I'll go back to the dax and redo any peak anytime though.

-percious