Whiteface, Passaconaway and a Glass Half Full - 7/2/11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtruman

Reaction score
Yesterday we had an incredible day hiking Mt Whiteface and Passaconaway as peaks #23 and 24 of our 4000 footer journey - half way home. Made getting out of bed at 3am for one really long day trip well worth the effort. It's been an amazing spring and beginning of the summer in the mountains for us. Gets harder to do that drive home every time...

The whole story is here: http://theramblingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/whiteface-passaconaway-and-glass-half.html

2011-07-02%25252010.49.13.jpg

Good job and congrats on the 1/2 way mark! PS: That cranberry is actually Wintergreen. ; )

KDT

Thanks Kevin. Another flora ID that didn't seem quite right. Is it normal for the fruit to be on the Wintergreen this early? Still surprised that the animals/birds left it alone. Wish they'd do that with the blueberries (or for that matter with the raspberries in our yard that birds are beating me to every day lately). :(

Great posting, Mark! Your pictures are wonderful. Looks like you had a fantastic day...perfect cloud cover in my opinion. I like these days better than bluebird days in the mountains.

To echo everyone else, congrats on your halfway point! You guys have done an awesome job in just 4 years!

Karl

Thanks everyone.

Kevin - guess that's where the "winter" part of Wintergreen comes from

Unoman & Trish - thanks for the congrats and the encouragement.

Karl - I agree about the clouds this time anyway. It would have been REALLY hot without them

Sabrina - I realized after I posted it how my comment about the drive sounded. The drive itself seems to get easier every time (as long as we're not stuck in Boston traffic). What really gets harder every time is leaving the mountains. Looking forward to the day when the drive home doesn't involve going over any state lines (unless it's perhaps to the east or west)

I feel your pain! Traffic on the way up makes it tough for me to motivate. Leaving is always a bittersweet blend of "sad goodbye "and "grateful I came"!

You have a long long ride to hike, I admire your dedication !

Last edited:
congrats mark I missed you by 24 hrs Passaconway was my halfway point and I was up there on sunday the 3rd