Winter Gathering XII Save the date: 3-28-09

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkL

Reaction score
Canton, NY. Avatar: Mt. Washington in Winter:
Winter Gathering XII Save the date: 3-28-09
This is just a heads-up for reserving the date on your calendar, and a few details. I'll post more details in early Winter.

This is for aspiring Winter 46ers, those who have completed it, even those who have climbed some but don't want to do them all, and any friends and family who want a further glimpse into this world.

Saturday, March 28, 2009
5:00PM Social hour. Cash bar.
6:00PM Buffet dinner Same great menu as last year!
$28.00 Adult, $15.00 kids 4-12
At the Crowne Plaza in Lake Placid (formerly Holiday Inn)

Please note that the date is Saturday, March 28. We usually set the date a week earlier, following the pattern of the first Saturday after 46er Winter ends. But 46er Winter ends on a Saturday, and people will likely be trying to work on or finish their W that day. So it'll be a week later.

Please note that the price in the 46er Fall newsletter was incorrect. The correct price is $28.00.

The dinner includes FOUR main dishes-beef, chicken, fish and vegetarian lasagna, as well as green beans, potatoes, desserts and coffee/tea/milk. Price includes the tip. We must have 60 people at least to get this price.

Last edited:
The dinner includes FOUR main dishes-beef, chicken, fish and vegetarian lasagna, ...

Wow, even I can't possible eat all of that, even after a winter ADK peak... :p That is a great price though!

Jay

in a room with a "Great" view

Buffet.... good.... I will be there again this year, and might be able to celebrate my "w" this time. :rolleyes:

Update: Payment and Pictures

This is just a reminder about the Adirondack winter climbers dinner gathering in Lake Placid on March 28. Here's the payment info:

RSVP and payment due by March 10th.
E-mail: Peggy MacKellar [email protected] (Please type "RSVP" in subject line)

Cost is $28/person, $15/kids age 3-12, and free to kids under 3.

Checks are to be made out to the ADK 46ers and should be sent to:
Peggy MacKellar
165 Elm Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946
Phone: (518)523-1341

Please say who the check is paying for.

PICTURES
If you have winter pictures that you'd like to be part of the slideshow going on in the background, please send them to [email protected]
He'll accept them in any format.

Motel discount if you're staying in L. Placid after the dinner

Peggy asked a local motel owner about giving a discount to W46rs and she said she'd give 10% off all room rates. It's called Placid Bay Inn and folks can check out the rooms and prices on their website, http://www.placidbay.com/main.html and then call them directly and mention w46. Their phone # is (518) 523-2001.

It's March, the month of the Winter Gathering

Winter ends this month:( , but with the end of winter comes the Winter Gathering:) .
Peggy just informed me that the payment due date has been moved to March 18, and there's still plenty of room.

If you're Canadian and are wondering about how to make payment, some of your compatriots have already paid by check or money order.

Here's the reservation and payment info again:

Cost is $28/person, $15/kids age 3-12, and free to kids under 3. There will be a cash bar. When you send your money, please give the names of the people you're paying for.

Checks are to be made out to the ADK 46ers and should be sent to:
Peggy MacKellar
165 Elm Street
Lake Placid, NY 12946

If you have a problem, talk to Peggy at (518)523-1341

To this Winter's finishers:

If you finish this Winter, we want to recognize you at the dinner. This is been an important part of the evening. It's good for those of us who finished a while ago to hear the enthusiasm of the latest finishers. You'll each be given an opportunity to stand up, introduce yourself, and tell us something about your Winter 46ing experience. It could be an exciting, humorous, or meaningful anecdote, or an overview of your whole quest, or any other reflections or observations. So be thinking about what you'd like to say.

PHOTOS
Doug Arnold will be putting together a slide show of winter Adirondack pictures to run quietly in the background. He has a lot of pictures from previous years, but thinks it would be nice to have fresh pictures from this year's class. So if you have some pictures to share in addition to, or instead of your words, please send them to [email protected]
He'll accept them in any format.

name tags

If you have a name tag or button from a previous 46er dinner, or even a really boring conference you went to, bring it to the dinner if you'd like. If there's space on it, you could add your forum name(s), winter finish date and peak, or any other info you'd like. Don't put too much info on the tag, or people won't have to talk to you. :)

Of course, a reminder: Reservation & payment are due by March 18. See above for details.

Last edited:
Rabbit invitation!!!

Hi hikers and specialy Winter hiker and friends of both.

If You have a small hesitation to come for the gattering... May be it will be the first and the last time to meet the Pinpin Family and if You come with a small carrot;) You will have the possibility to take a special picture with the familly!!

Lets Go:)

Pinpin The 3th.:cool:

Well, I've met you and even had dinner with you a few years ago. And, I really don't like carrots, but maybe just this time... :) I'll be there, carrots or no carrots!

Jay