Wood snowshoe repair

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NicksMaint

Reaction score
I have several pair of Tubbs Green Mountain wood snowshoes with neoprene lacing. One of the shoes has developed a rip in the neoprene near the toe string and I would like to attempt to repair it myself (before admitting defeat and shipping to Iverson for repair). Is anyone aware of a place where you can get a repair kit or possibly neoprene lacing and instructions.

TIA for any information.

-NicksMaint

I have both repaired & relaced snowshoes. If this is just a minor cord, my sister has good luck with just duct-taping them back together. If it is a major cord but just one place, I would just splice a piece in. Essentially you just knot a piece in, look at some of the other places where cords are spliced to see how it is done.

Pulling neoprene is hard on your hands, I use pliers. I also relaced my neoprene snowshoes with cord, it's easier on the hands and seems to last as well. You can probably pick up the small amount of cord or rawhide you need at a craft store, not sure where to get a small amount of neoprene except to bum it off someone nearby who has some.