Your Choice for Winter Boots

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the information, facts, and opinions. My new hiking buddy has a very good list of options to peruse.

See you on the trail,

Z :D

My feet have changed so much that my Koflach Degre’s no longer fit well. They are size 12, though I normally wear an 11.5, and the 12’s fit better. They are in good condition with a new Intuition booty liner. I am willing to sell them for $150.00 or best offer. I will post some photos later. PM me if interested.

I have tried many winter boots and always seem to come back to my Scarpa Alpha's (same as the current Omega). They're 1/2 the weight of my Koflach Degree's (much less than the Arctis Exped, which I think are overkill for the Whites) but still have the insulating capacity and fit like a glove thanks to the Intuition liner. If you can find them used they can be had economically and the liner can be re-molded to your foot, which is what I did. I agree IME has many good choices in their basement and while it doesn't help your for this year, shop the end of winter sales and you'll find more great deals. CL is a good way to find them as well, it's how we found the wife's NIB Koflach Degree's for $100 in her size.

Last edited:
Koflach Degres are very flexible laterally and I never had any shinbang with them. The more climbing oriented Vertecals and Arctic Expeds seemed much stiffer all around.