Your Top 10 Photos of 2010...

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And 5 more:
6. Henderson Lake (Adirondacks)
7. Mt. Van Hoevenberg (Adirondack)
8. Views of Hudson River from Overlook Mt. Fire Tower (Catskills)
9. Pharaoh Lake Campsite (Adirondacks)
10. Buck Ledge Lookout (Catskills)

Franconia Range
5250616500_5183bd5f03_z.jpg
[/url]
Lonesome Lake-7659.jpg by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Lonesome Lake
5250613564_dd0c496797_z.jpg
[/url]
Lonesome Lake-7602.jpg by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Marshall Point Lighthouse
5134518195_db3da1cc17_z.jpg
[/url]
Marshall Point Lighthouse-7395 by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Alan finishes his all season White Mountain 48 on Zealand
5116058213_d01bbec5a5.jpg
[/url]
Alan Zealand Hike-7296 by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Zealand Pond
5116655126_70a6c098d1_z.jpg
[/url]
Alan Zealand Hike-7282 by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

A bit of foliage
5080391358_6ae461afee_z.jpg
[/url]
Frankenstein Cliff-7213 by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Coliseum Falls
5080387930_478306d748_z.jpg
[/url]
Coliseum Falls-7127 by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Perkins Cove
4775575329_cb5e5a40bf.jpg
[/url]
Maine July 2010-6019 by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Smuggler's Notch
4728631213_9255e7a150_z.jpg
[/url]
Mansfield-5754 by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

Along Tuckerman Ravine Trail
4509503914_d7b456fcc6_z.jpg
[/url]
Along Tuckerman Ravine Trail by david.woodford, on Flickr[/img]

I've just enjoyed a half hour or so viewing the beautiful photos on this post. Wow - what a great bunch of shots! I have a hard time picking a favorite, there are so many! Though, I think "Iced Pine on the Tripyramids" is at the top of the list.

I scraped around and found a few of my own to add. I tried to keep it to those I haven't posted on VFTT already. Hard to narrow it down to 10 - I may have lost count!

Spring starts in 2010 with a light dusting on the flowers at the trailhead.
VFTT2.jpg

Spring turns to summer as the mosses grip onto rocky streams deep in Madison Gulf.
VFTT4.jpg

The sun sets over Cannon, casting long light over the spire of The Eaglet.
VFTT5.jpg

Sunset rays illuminate beautiful Wildlife Pond.
VFTT1.jpg

The tranquil waters of Emerald Pool live up to their name.
VFTT12.jpg

Summer turns into Autumn, and the colors create a wonderful contrast across the Lakes Region from Bald Knob in the Ossipees.
VFTT10.jpg

Autumn turns into November, and snow appears in the mountains. A hungry Grey Jay develops a taste for Kirby's food. Kirby is not impressed.
VFTT13.jpg

Winter is almost here, and the slopes of Bretton Woods stand out beneath Carrigain from my perch on Cherry Mountain.
VFTT8.jpg

The trek up the Ammonusuc Ravine is almost over on this rare weather day in the Presidentials. Lakes of The Clouds Hut appears on the horizon.
VFTT7.jpg

Gazing out into the distance - Flume is a hard-won accomplishment on a brisk wintery day.
VFTT6.jpg

Beautiful Alpenglow soaks the Presidentials as we enjoy an unrivaled sunset show from Field.
VFTT9.jpg

Kirby takes a well-deserved rest at the top of Mount Avalon.
VFTT14.jpg

Here's just one more photo from the top of my favorite peak - Monroe. One of my favorite photos - I have it hanging in my office at work. It was a bit too big to post here on the site. Here's hoping for more great adventures in 2011!

Last edited:
wonderful thread for a homesick New Englander...so many nice images!

a nice bull moose on a sunny, calm winter day in my favorite moose yard on my favorite mountain

IMG_5725aaa.jpg

a very healthy calf in spring after her first winter, with mama, in Pinkham Notch

IMG_0698aaa1000.jpg

my old freind, Big Daddy, coming toward me through a bog early on a spring morning....it was my first sighting of him of the year

IMG_6282-copyaaa-1.jpg

one of my best moose encounters ever...I watched mama and two new calves frolic and sleep for many hours on a beautiful summer day on Mt. Washington

IMG_3223aaa.jpg

might not look like much, but this captures the beauty of hiking for me

IMG_3452aaa.jpg

I spent a lot of time in this meadow, one of my very favorite places in WMNF

IMG_4104aaa.jpg

2010, the year I started group hiking after years of exclusively hiking solo. I like this pic of Sabrina and Jeremy from a group hike on Whitewall Mtn...It was a beautiful summer day with awesome views and woods...Michael and Terra were also on the hike.

IMG_4305aaa.jpg

although I hurt my leg when this bull, who I named Zealand, bluff-charged me, this was a wonderful and exciting hike in an area that has become a favorite for bushwacking...in this pic we were taking a break and there was a tiny brook between us and the gurgling water and filtered sunlight was magical

IMG_4730aaa.jpg

this is a view of Franconia Ridge from the Pemi....a moose that I was trying to catch was standing here moments before the pic was taken

IMG_5108aaa.jpg

reflection on a beaver bog at sunset in autumn

IMG_8568aaa.jpg

moose and goose in a beaver bog at sunset in autumn

IMG_8555aaa-1.jpg

two young bulls battling before sunrise

IMG_5671aaa.jpg

Last edited: