Does your S.O. read or post here?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does your S.O. read or post here?

• Yes - They read and post

Votes: 12 10.3%
  • Yes - They read

Votes: 13 11.2%
  • No

Votes: 91 78.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My wife lurks on ADKHighpeaks once in a while. She keeps asking me, "who is that TFR guy, anyway?"

No, but she does feel left out and alone because i spend so much time here. I mean i dont understand, every once in a while i look at her and i see her lips moving, but.... I just dont hear what she is saying. I think she has become detached in some way... :rolleyes:

She relies on me for audio synopses

Then again, she occasionally calls me on her cell phone from local trails, wondering which fork to choose, and she once had a shoe rescued from a stream by a pal when she slipped on a wet rock and sat down. The shoe decided to go its own way and started floating toward the Pemi.

That's it. I am buying her a year's subscription to VFTT.

No, my husband calls it "my crazy hiking site". Which has become our loving term for VFTT and "crazy hiking friends" for all my hiking buddies. However, he does lots of hiking with me. He just isn't obsessed. He does understand the need though because he posts on some kind of "crazy audio site" where he talks all about weird home modifications to his guitar amplifier. It looks just like VFTT, I mean exactly. But people talk about schematics, capacitors, resistors and vacuum tubes instead of maps, gear, trail heads and stuff.

Toe Cozy said:
No, my husband calls it "my crazy hiking site". Which has become our loving term for VFTT and "crazy hiking friends" for all my hiking buddies. However, he does lots of hiking with me. He just isn't obsessed. He does understand the need though because he posts on some kind of "crazy audio site" where he talks all about weird home modifications to his guitar amplifier. It looks just like VFTT, I mean exactly. But people talk about schematics, capacitors, resistors and vacuum tubes instead of maps, gear, trail heads and stuff.
There are at least 3 different 'board' programs, and this one is pretty popular.

Keep those cards and letters coming folks, you're cracking me up! :D :D

sapblatt said:
...and what's wrong with that? :)

Oh, nothing wrong. Probably right. She likes to hike and has enjoyed all the nuts she has met but she still says we are all nuts.

She neither reads nor posts, but my wife is gigglingly amused at how silly she perceives the board to be. That grown men & women (& kids, too, but they're excused) would spend so much time yakking like a coffee klatch over the best way to slide down some snow or walk from here to there -- and that I actually participate in it -- really makes her laugh.

And then she asks for help in whether to buy a Camelbak or Nalgenes for a gift. She also acknowledges that I gain valuable education and trail info here, so she sees the benefit.

But boy does she cackle at the squabbles! It makes me have to goof on her for "Dancing With the Stars" ("DWtS" to you!). Is that a real leg or a Sears leg?!

What goes on in the closet...stays in the closet.

She read the forum? Hah!

My wife is way too busy holding down two jobs to pay for all my gear and to make up for all the time I'm hiking and not working.