Fresh snow... no, really

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewKnight

Reaction score
A few minutes ago, at last daylight, the clouds that have been covering Mt. Tecumseh most of the afternoon peeled back to reveal... yep... a fresh coating of snow above 2000 feet. I doubt it really amounts to much, but sheesh. It's May 19th, for heaven's sake.

We did see a couple brief periods of sleet mixing in with the showers this afternoon. I wonder how are things looking up Franconia way?

I think the Adirondacks got a little snow too at the upper elevations :eek: Here in PA we had a mix of sleet and snow today as well. Spring/winter is hanging in there :D I think April was warmer than May.

Per another forum, I heard it was snowing toward the top of the Kanc yesterday, and apparently Mt. Mansfield in VT picked up 3.5"

I live in western New York, about 2000' elevation, and we had snow off and on most the morning. It didn't stick as the ground is too warm. Not what I wanted to wake up to in the middle of May. On the bright side, it looks like the weekend is suppose to be great. If you can believe the weatherman. :confused:

It snowed in the White Mountains all the way down to 2000 feet or so. Above 2500 feet there was accumulation. Lonesome lake at 2800 feet recieved an inch, and Greenleaf Hut recieved 4 inches, and so did Hermit Lake and Mount Washington. If the clouds do lift today someone NEEDS to take pictures, green at the bottom, snow above. More snow is on the way, a little for high peaks today but Wed and Thur could be even more then yesterday. Going to be an interesting weekend to hike, lots of people will not be prepared. -Mattl

Its been a surprisingly cool spring, global warming notwithstanding. Here in the marshes along Delaware Bay, gnats have typically been out in full force, & the minions of strawberry flies are gathering for their June onslaught. I don't think I've encountered one this season... it may be a record!