Morale Booster?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What Boosts Your Morale?

• Some good food

Votes: 17 30.9%
  • Beer

Votes: 10 18.2%
  • The sun coming out

Votes: 18 32.7%
  • The wind stopping

Votes: 9 16.4%
  • Finally going downhill

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Vitamin I (or some other drug)

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • A friend's kind words

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • Something else (I'm sure you'll explain)

Votes: 27 49.1%

• Total voters

adktyler

Reaction score
So Dr. Wu's thread on hiking drunk got me thinking about morale boosters on the trail. So when you're hiking, and your legs and feet hurt a lot, and you're drenched in sweat, and the weather sucks, what boosts your morale? What boosts it better than anything else?

Curiosity I suppose. ;)

Knowing that once I get to the summit there's pizza, hot sauce and beer waiting for me.

Why don't you list "warm gun in your hand" as an option?

-Dr. Wu

I chose 'other'. An attitude adjustment is in order on occasion. As for what that adjustment is, you only know if you know.

I voted for something else....not that your choices were bad but I have one better :D

I actually think about my wife and daughter :) When the long slog out to the car just plain sucks I think of them and it makes the miles go by a lot faster. Knowing that when I get home I will get that big endless hug :cool:

I voted for something else....not that your choices were bad but I have one better :D

I actually think about my wife and daughter :) When the long slog out to the car just plain sucks I think of them and it makes the miles go by a lot faster. Knowing that when I get home I will get that big endless hug :cool:
In my case, the Summit Kiss! :D

http://viewsandbrews.com/temp/sk.jpg

Last edited:
Please, do tell. I always leave something important out. :confused:
Maybe his Tommee Tippee Cup:

490600399_caee71171f_o.jpg

-Dr. Wu

So when you're hiking, and your legs and feet hurt a lot, and you're drenched in sweat, and the weather sucks

If I'm in that situation, 99.99999% of the time I'm having a blast. :cool:

Good photographic weather.

Sometimes that means the sun coming out. Sometimes it means overcast. More often than not it means the wind stopping, so I answered that. But occasionally a little breeze on the surface of water is good. OTOH, a good breeze on a hot summer day is always welcome. So all of this may depend on the season. But mostly my morale is always good whenever I am hiking, even if it was otherwise before I started.

Not knowing what's around the corner or over the hill. I enjoy the anticipation of seeing new things.

rattling off the lastest and greatest urban dictionary terms, trying to offend as many people as possible... that usually works for me... I use liberal use of the F bomb as well.

also - making fun of other people usually helps as well. I find by kicking others down, I elevate myself to sky high limits....:D

I boost my morale just by going hiking.

Steep slippery bushwhacks in wet snow with horizontal sleet, high winds and copious snow filling the space between my back and my pack while my knee throbs and my head pounds and I feel woozy from sleep deprivation, extreme hunger, border-line hypothermia and caffeine overdose combined with a sore throat and a dry hacking cough makes me feel fine blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

Neil, given your propensity to quote very bad 70s light rock, it is apparent that you take heavy drugs while hiking, and hey, everybody's got to get through the day in their own way I suppose ..... ;)

makes me feel fine blowing through the jasmine in my mind.

I never knew the lyric was jasmine. I just coughed through that word when singing along. :rolleyes: Thanks for the enlightenment.

gaiagirl said:
given your propensity to quote very bad 70s light rock, it is apparent that you take heavy drugs while hiking, and hey, everybody's got to get through the day in their own way I suppose .....]

Yeah Chris, that music is sad, but as I just admitted, I did sing along to it :eek:

Marty