Thread: Seven Peaks in Six Minutes (Twins-Galehead-Bonds-Zealand with Sage) 8/13-18/2011

Seven Peaks in Six Minutes (Twins-Galehead-Bonds-Zealand with Sage) 8/13-18/2011

I'm experimenting with video and AudioSwap. Here's our trip report for Sage's five day, seven 4K hiking adventure. It's a video montage with a soundtrack -- crank up the volume if you like dance/techno, mute it if you don't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ANwL1CuoDk
    [B][SIZE=3]Patricia Ellis Herr (TRISH...ALEX...SAGE)

Those who say it cannot be done should get out of the way of those doing it. --Chinese proverb.

For more info about The Terrifying 25, contact me at patriciaellisherr@hotmail.com or search for The Terrifying 25 on Facebook.

Nice!!!!!!!

Hey Trish, great job on the video. And thanks for the warning about the music....the mute stayed on . I love looking at trip pictures, but videos really take it up a level...puts you right there. I would like to make more hiking videos, but I usually hike alone...and the only thing worse than the arm length self-photo is the arm-length self-video ("...and this is me on Bondcliff...riiiiiiight here..." (insert jumpy nausea-inducing panning video here) ).

Certainly helps to have two energetic photogenic little girls with you. Great job; keep them coming.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Trip pictures

Blairsville GA ......... Avatar-- On top of Starr King Mt.
    Your girls are really impressive hikers. Good genes I guess. Probably a lot more.
    I used to look at my dog and think 'If you were a little smarter you could tell me what your were thinking', and he'd look at me like he was saying 'If you were a little smarter I wouldn't have to'. Fred Jungclaus

Some of our greatest historical and artistic treasures we place with curators in museums; others we take for walks. Roger Caras

100/100 NEHH with Duffy
    48/48 NH 4000 Winter Ed with Duffy and Lauky
    48 X 4 including 1 winter Lauky
    48 X 6 Ed
    12 X 12 Belknaps with Lauky

Quite impressive! I love the pic of Sage on one of the summits in a Rocky-like pose with the wind in her hair!

Great job Trish!

Definately a good time
    Tricia

ditto on what Beth said..the shot of Sage on South Twin in the wind is excellent..what a fun way to chronicle a trip..nice job
    # 44

Great video Trish. Wow, Sage only has 10 more to go. Impressive!

Petch
    Warning: Exercise can be hazardous to your health! Stop if you experience chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, nausea, projectile vomiting, or delusions of grandeur. Seek medical attention immediately!
    NH 4k's: 48/48 , NHW48: 34/48 , ME4k's: 12/14

Senior Member Jimmy Legs and Little D's Avatar
    Trish,
    You and Sage sure packed a lot in 6 minutes of video. Really enjoyed it. You get the "real feel" for the hike with a video. Keep up the great work.

Donna
    Last edited by Jimmy Legs and Little D; 08-22-2011 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks for the supportive comments, folks! I enjoy doing the videos. Takes a lot less time than posting all the usual photos to my blog.

Petch, Sage now has only 8 to go -- we just knocked off Field and Willey. Took the long approach -- Field/Willey traverse, then the 3 mile walk along 302 to get back to Crawford Depot. We had a good time, felt like autumn out there.
    [B][SIZE=3]Patricia Ellis Herr (TRISH...ALEX...SAGE)

Those who say it cannot be done should get out of the way of those doing it. --Chinese proverb.

For more info about The Terrifying 25, contact me at patriciaellisherr@hotmail.com or search for The Terrifying 25 on Facebook.

Nice job! :thumbup:

(Sent you a PM.)
    "Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball."

ADK46: 25/46 W5
    NH48: 26/48 W8