most 4,000-footers in a day?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadtripper

Reaction score
Is there a record for the most 4,000-footers completed in one day (24 hour period)? I'd be interested to see some people battle for that one! I bet someone could snag 18 or 20 of them.

Any takers? :D

I think the most I've ever done in a day was 7 - Galehead, both Twins, all 3 Bonds, and Zealand. We had even wanted to add Garfield, but it was amidst that god-awful heat wave during the end of June-early July 2010, and we canned that idea. Just from a pure fun aspect it would be personally rewarding to see if I could beat that.

Maybe even 21. Which is the same amount for the most in the ADK.

What was the route used to do 21 ADK high peaks in 24 hours? I have been trying to devise an ADK dayhike to end all dayhikes....the best I have come up with is Dix Range (5) to Great Range + Sky (9), Grey, the Mac's (3), that would get me to 18. Other than that I can't figure out how to get more in 24 hours without using motor assistance.

24 in 24 or more is certainly possible. Just add the Kinsmans and Willey to the 21 in 24 route and don't take pictures or make phone calls. Piece o cake.

The recent death of famous fell runner Bill Smith got me wondering what the overall number of summits tagged in a 24 hour span ( not just 4ks) is in various states/regions. In the UK, Joss Naylor's record of 72 peaks still stands.

Last edited: