Hunting Seasons

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give up trying to figure out hunting season in New Jersey. I don't understand how hunters figure this stuff out... It seems to change every year in NJ and there are zillions of different seasons for each type of hunting implement. They probably have a pea shooter season somewhere, maybe between 12:45:13 and 14:34:13 on the third tuesday of the month if the sun is out and the governor is in office. :eek:

NY's season makes a little more sense... at least for the big game and rifle season...

Jay

(This seems the most relevant place) Is hunting permitted in the AT corridor, that being NPS land? (I'm talking about where only the corridor is protected, and not where the Trail goes through protected land.)

mtnpa said:
Time for the orange duds ;)

And to avoid the hunting preserve that is along the US/Canada border swath up by Boundary Peak.

swamp said:
No Rhode Island I see. We can hunt with the best of 'em dammit.
In Rhode Island, hunter orange is not only smart...It's the law

During the entire hunting season, all recreational users of state management areas, such as hikers, joggers, bikers, motorcyclists, birdwatchers, and horseback riders, are required under state regulations to wear a minimum of 200 square inches of fluorescent orange. The orange must be solid daylight fluorescent material worn above the waist and visible in all directions, in the form of a hat and/or a vest. Persons using boat launching sites are exempt from the fluorescent orange requirements.