50 high points in 50 states

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jay H said:
...I will climb the nicer high pointers and not go running in a corn field or driving to some street corner so I'm a 'selective 50 high pointer'...

Who are you kidding, Jay? You'll do them all eventually.

Flash forward 20 years. Jay and the wife and kids are visiting the Gulf Coast for a vacation on the beach.

Mrs. Jay: What do you guys want to do today?
Little Jay: I want to go swimming.
Jay: You know, the FL state capital isn't too far away...very historic...and there's a hill nearby that I've heard is really nice, too!
Little Jay: Another hill, Daddy??!!

ferrisjrf said:
Who are you kidding, Jay? You'll do them all eventually.

Flash forward 20 years. Jay and the wife and kids are visiting the Gulf Coast for a vacation on the beach.

Mrs. Jay: What do you guys want to do today?
Little Jay: I want to go swimming.
Jay: You know, the FL state capital isn't too far away...very historic...and there's a hill nearby that I've heard is really nice, too!
Little Jay: Another hill, Daddy??!!

Jay: Yes, now shut up or I'll feed ya to the 'gators..

:D

Jay

roadtripper said:
I'm trying to just visit all 50 states. Does that count? ;)

I still have Alaska, Hawaii, North Dakota, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Michigan & Kansas left.

Hoping for number 34 on that list later this week...still no AK or HI - and I am sparse on the midwest...

Jay: "I will climb the nicer high pointers and not go running in a corn field or driving to some street corner so I'm a 'selective 50 high pointer"

...yeah, just like he didn't wade thru stinging nettles, prickers, and muddy woods roads to get all the Cat100 obscurata. ;)

marchowes said:
And while he is at it he can start tagging some Florida County High Points... That might be a little tricky tho -- some counties have more than 30 (no joke):

Don't forget to explore the whole contour! :)

http://cohp.org/fl/florida_N.html

ouch.... just the thought of doing these makes my head spin, lol...... I can only imagine the snakes, gators, rednecks , chiggers, and other insects you would encounter :eek: :p

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands....... although it does beat watching TV for a hobby :D :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

Highpointing is cool!

I just snagged #30 when JayH and I did Gannett Peak. It's considered the second hardest by most highpointers, and I can attest that it was tough. 50 mile trip, 50 degree couloir, wicked exposure on the summit ridge... FUN :D FUN :D FUN :D. But I've had a great time, even finding the silly ones in odd places. It's lead me to explore parts of the country I wouldn't otherwise get to. One of my nicest days was sunrise on Maryland's highpoint and sunset on Tennessee's!!