5th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Hiker Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Missed the annual bash, again....no wonder the shelves at E-Town Grand Union were devoid of my favorite ales. and all thos cars driving in and around E-t, filled with DAS (dirty and stinky hikers); it was heaven come true for one short weekend!

Sorry to have missed it, for five years in a row.

Well, Spence, we'll have to get together at the Deerhead for a toast and some talk.

Moose

I wish I could have made this years event but I had committed myself for boh Sta and Sun before you announced the date. I have next years dates posted on my calendar and plan on being there in Aug.

HIATIS said:
Spencer and I will be going to Death Valley in November- Anyone have any suggestions???
I was there around Veterans Day one year and it was the annual encampment of the 49-ers - the 1000-space overflow campground filled! They had variety shows at night and the next morning a long line of horses and wagons rolled in.

The free Borax museum has a picture of Ronald Reagan hyping Borax.

For a simple and unique peakbagging experience, climb Cinder Hill
http://www.topozone.com/map.asp?lat=35.94&lon=-116.73556
It's made of different rock and highly visible across the valley, and it's the only official summit I've climbed with a negative summit elevation.

Thanks Spencer & Maddi !
I had a great time with great people.
Your book is cool. I actually hauled it up Jay Mtn with me and checked it out, while I was happily lounging on the summit.
Did'nt have time to do the whack to Saddleback, but, the ridgewalk to Jay was mindblowing!!! Thanks for the tip.
I'm back in the concrete jungle now...But, I'm still grinning :)
Steve-o

Thanks again Spencer and Maddi for your great hospitality. It was nice to catch up with all the old friends and meet a few new ones too.
Thank goodness Bubba didn't make it... the weather was perfect! :D ;)

I clean forgot to purchase your book Spencer but I got a good peak at Mimi's copy and will be back to pick it up if I can't find it in Montreal. It looks very good !

Here are some pictures from the weekend. Unfortunately not many at the BBQ as I had filled my card on the hike.Slideshow

Last edited:
prino said:
Thank goodness Bubba didn't make it... the weather was perfect! :D ;)
Oh, right! It poured and you're not letting it out. :rolleyes:

So, just who made the brownies?? The ones I made were great and the pot-luck I attended on Saturday nite (at the lake*) had excellent food AND a great sound system!! :p Did I mention that this was after an excellent golf outing (18-holes, cart, lunch and prizes) and an afternoon floating on the water?

* That would be at the Conservation Club -- you know where we go to shoot rifles and drink beer?? (Okay... so I missed my hiking buddies quite a bit. Even Phil!)