Acadia National Park 10/28 to 10/30 Trip Report

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
prino said:
It looks like I wasn't the first with that idea, unfortunately. :(
Guess I'll have to think up some other hairbrained idea to make a living. ;)
Check this out....

Sleeping bag

Click on the different figures for even more impressive configurations.
I thought that wearable/walkable sleeping bags have been used by some ultra-lighters for some time now. Saves the weight of a down jacket.

Doug

I missed most of this conversation. Was this bag used to walk to the restroom with if you didn't have your special bottle inside the tent? I for one would be scared if i saw a walking sleeping bag passing by me in the night. Probably scarier than the yeti.

king tut said:
I missed most of this conversation. Was this bag used to walk to the restroom with if you didn't have your special bottle inside the tent? I for one would be scared if i saw a walking sleeping bag passing by me in the night. Probably scarier than the yeti.

I think the idea started when someone commented they wanted to stretch out their legs during the night. The bottle thing was, I believe, another conversation.

Nice pics by the way Mat. Hoping to have mine up soon....having trouble with my webshots account.

In fact, there are a *lot* of patents on particular kinds of sleeping bags. PM or email me if you'd like further details.

I guess we won't get rich this particular way!
:(

MichaelJ said:
In fact, there are a *lot* of patents on particular kinds of sleeping bags. PM or email me if you'd like further details.

I guess we won't get rich this particular way!
:(

Drat! :D

I agree with Prino, nice pics Tut!

Awesome Pics all the way around. Looks like a great time! Love the COLORS in those pictures!

Looks like you folks had a great trip. I was there the 2nd week of October and also camped at Blackwoods. I didn't get to climb the precipice this year as I just ran out of time. However, I still climbed Champlain via the Beachcroft trail. This starts opposite the Tarn by Dorr Mt. and gently acsends the Huguenot via switchbacks on some of the best trail stone work imaginable. The views of Dorr and the valley below are fantastic. From there I hiked up over the backside of Champlain, down its long ridge, up the Beehive and finally up and over Gorham. Excellent hike! Wish I could have been there to meet some of my fellow VFTTers. Maybe next year.

bunchberry said:
...thanks to Prino for his yummy vindaloo... thanks to Pat and Audrey for the best spaghetti and meatballs dish I've ever had, thanks to Nadine for her gourmet european cookies on the trail... thanks to JohnS for providing nourishing breakfast food...

Vindaloo!! Pat's meatballs!! Wait a minute, did I miss a thread before this all started??? How to make a great place better, you did it!! Ah-ha! Who made the brownies???

I love the photos, Phil! Especially the beautiful Bubble Pond shot. But where is the yoga shot will all three (or was it four?) of us in the tree pose?
-katie

Webshots is being cranky for a few specific shots, unfortunately. I can get some, but not all the ones I want. I'll just keep trying until I have them. :)

Great pics, though! I'm glad to see my placemat immortalized!

Last edited:
bunchberry said:
I love the photos, Phil! Especially the beautiful Bubble Pond shot. But where is the yoga shot will all three (or was it four?) of us in the tree pose?
-katie

They are there now! I was afraid they wouldn't all upload....I may add some more.

And I managed to, *cough*, steal the ones with me in them for my album. Don't worry, I'll credit you, Phil!
:)

(oh, dear, the three of us in the tree position looks ... scary)