Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Maddi, Spencer and family for organizing a wonderful weekend. very :cool:

This is my first VFTT gathering. Great folks, great time! Not much is better than hanging out with the hiking crowd. Very nice to meet the people behind the forum names.

A few impressions:

"sweet meat?" there gotta be a story behind that
Caveman....intense, real, real intense
Cindy's french press wood stain maker
spicy bean & cheese quesadillas keep you warm at night :eek:
TJ is a saint for making coffee
I don't ever ever want a foot massage from Clay
I'll start cooking earlier
the weather could not have been better
too much food
good fun, big fun :D

The weekend went too fast. I look foward to seeing you again and meet more of you next time. :)

Hey Rickie, you forgot one...
"I ain't queer, but I'm queer for the womens." Almost made me pi$$ myself with that one, Freddy!!

Great trip!....Thx Maddy and Spence for setting it up, my wife had a great time and so did I......we went up to Mt Van Hoevenberg and enjoyed the views.....on Sunday we drove up Whiteface, didn't see anything but loved the castle and trail going up to the weather station.....nice to see Freddy and others.....also who made the snicker doodles?....Mrs. coldfeet would love the recipe...thx

As always this event is one of my favorite weekends of the year. Great hiking, great company, great food and great beer.

It was nice to spend some time with some new people. It was especially interesting to spend time with UFC, sorry it didn't work out between you and Laura :cool:

Here's some pictures from the campfire:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvirdone/20090808VFTTBBQFire#

My personal favorite (thanks to Steve's Frisbee):
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvirdone/20090808VFTTBBQFire#5368300207661801682

Here is the recipe for Mrs. Bignslow's Snicker Doodles:
101 Things to do with a cake mix said:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375
Mix sugar and cinnamon, set aside
In a bowl mix together cake mix, vanilla, oil, and eggs until dough is formed. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll balls in sugar mixture.
Bake 8-10 min or until golden brown, remove from pan and cool

Last edited:
As always this event is one of my favorite weekends of the year. Great hiking, great company, great food and great beer.

It was nice to spend some time with some new people. It was especially interesting to spend time with UFC, sorry it didn't work out between you and Laura :cool:

Here's some pictures from the campfire:
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvirdone/20090808VFTTBBQFire#

My personal favorite (thanks to Steve's Frisbee):
http://picasaweb.google.com/mvirdone/20090808VFTTBBQFire#5368300207661801682

Here is the recipe for Mrs. Bignslow's Snicker Doodles:

Your wife should join and be called Skinny and Fast :D

Thank you

I just wanted to jump in quickly and say thank yoou to everyone. The weekend was great. We immensely apprecite being able to spend some time with all of you. The hiking "stories" were as always plentiful and enjoyable. We are grateful to everyone who helped with setup and clean up. On a personal note- mom and dad you are the best. Couldn't imagine the weekend without you and all your support. TJ glad you were able to make your brew.

*To those of you who chipped in extra to off set the cost of the campground (hate to say you were right that there were a few I did not manage to connect with to collect money). But on a good note because of those who pitched in a little something extra it all worked out. And I am happy and the campground is happy!!!!!!!!!

WOO-HOO! They actually asked us back for next year. AMAZING.

We didn't try hard enough

WOO-HOO! They actually asked us back for next year. AMAZING.

Must be a pretty tolerant bunch of campers that they had outside of the tenting area. (Or maybe they're just going to erect an 8-foot fence around it to keep us in) :D

Thanks again to you, Spencer, and Mom and Dad (what would Marc and Brian have done without all that firewood to keep them out of trouble?)

Steve

Great meeting, hiking with, and partying with everyone! Thanks to all! :D

"To those of you who chipped in extra to off set the cost of the campground (hate to say you were right that there were a few I did not manage to connect with to collect money). But on a good note because of those who pitched in a little something extra it all worked out."

For anyone who didn't get a chance to kick in, pls PM me. I'd already received some $$ in advance and passed it along. Happy to do it again,
post-Gathering.
Also wanted to say I was sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. I arrived late afternoon, and with a long drive home had to head out mid evening.

"To those of you who chipped in extra to off set the cost of the campground (hate to say you were right that there were a few I did not manage to connect with to collect money). But on a good note because of those who pitched in a little something extra it all worked out."

For anyone who didn't get a chance to kick in, pls PM me. I'd already received some $$ in advance and passed it along. Happy to do it again,
post-Gathering.
Also wanted to say I was sorry I didn't get to meet everyone. I arrived late afternoon, and with a long drive home had to head out mid evening.

Or you could have just pitched a tent :D