Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll look you guys up

Steve SDG75 his name is Seth. He will be in my party at the campground. He is doing Dix Solo on Saturday. HE is actually looking for someone to hike with. What is your hiking expierence?

I'll look for you guys tomorrow evening.

Experience:

Mostly in the Whites. I've finished 42 out of the 48 since May of last year, including all of the Presidential Range. Last 2 times out have been Owl's Head (18 mi round trip) and Pico/Killington (about 11-12 miles). I've done everything solo up to this point, except for the day that I ran into Tom and Laurie Rankin under (yes, under) Glen Boulder and accompanied them to Isolation. I'm not slow, but I'm not real fast either. I'm kind of half-fast :rolleyes: (sorry - I couldn't help myself).

I'll see you tomorrow,

Steve

Experience:
I ran into Tom and Laurie Rankin under (yes, under) Glen Boulder and accompanied them to Isolation. I'm not slow, but I'm not real fast either. I'm kind of half-fast :rolleyes: (sorry - I couldn't help myself).
Hey, we might be doing a fire tower hike. Interested?

I'll look for you guys tomorrow evening.

Experience:

Mostly in the Whites. I've finished 42 out of the 48 since May of last year, including all of the Presidential Range. Last 2 times out have been Owl's Head (18 mi round trip) and Pico/Killington (about 11-12 miles). I've done everything solo up to this point, except for the day that I ran into Tom and Laurie Rankin under (yes, under) Glen Boulder and accompanied them to Isolation. I'm not slow, but I'm not real fast either. I'm kind of half-fast :rolleyes: (sorry - I couldn't help myself).

I'll see you tomorrow,

Steve

Sounds good see you Friday

Sounds interesting...

Hey, we might be doing a fire tower hike. Interested?

Wow - I guess there won't be a shortage of groups going out on Saturday! I'll touch base with folks on Friday and see who's doing what (and I really want to see some of that Grade 5 BSM that I've heard about).

Steve

I'm interested in firetowers as well..... Gail has an idea about a midnight hike under the almost full moon to a firetower and staying there till sunrise :)

Thought I was actually going to make it this year....but I hurt my back earlier this week and driving bothers it. So I can't do the long drive. Bummer, I really thought I was going to make it there this year. Next year...

Have fun.

- darren

Any plans for a restaurant this evening (Friday) ? I doubt if i can make it as I am leaving around 4 PM but just in case ? Otherwise I will see everyone over at the campground

Got back home very late from the Gathering. What a great group, from all over the VFTT family. The company, food and beverages were terrific.
Thank you Maddi, Spencer and their families for organizing another great event. The campground was perfect for this.

I'm home: had a fantastic time meeting new folks, visiting with old friends, and hiking my tootsies right to the quick. Zippy slept all the way home, and is sacked out on the couch. Trip reports to come.

Maddy: The Magic Pines was an excellent choice for the new venue. I hope we can use it in the coming years. Thank you for putting this together.

home

danielle and I are home. After attending our first VFTT BBQ i gotta say that the people i meet this weekend are an outstanding group ... Glad to finally have meet you all and shared the time. Special thanks again to spencer and matti for all there work and I'll say it to, campground was perfect... What a bunch of charactors....:D :eek:

Great time!

Fran and I just got back from the BBQ and wanted to let you all know that we had a great time! We really enjoyed meeting so many nice folks. Great people, food, beverages, and if only we could have found someone who knows how to keep a fire going, the evening would have been perfect! :eek:

Thanks to everyone, and especially to Maddi and Spence for organizing things!

P.S. Thanks to Freddy for the music!