Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HIATIS said:
Bubba- are you out there?

Yeah... well barely!! I blew off an invitation to ride with Stan to the CDN Rockies about a week ago, and now I was thinking this was going to be next weekend! : (

I'm committed to (of all things) a Chicken BBQ that Ms bubba is organizing here at the lake. AND, I've been MIA because I've been working on finishing all of the inside work on the new house build that started in November. FTR, we're in (minimally) and about all that is left is window and floor trim.

I'm not allowed to go out and play in the mtns. just yet -- even though I was thinking I was going to be at this!! y'all have a fine time. Miss everyone 'cept for mookie :eek:

Yeah... well barely!! I blew off an invitation to ride with Stan to the CDN Rockies about a week ago, and now I was thinking this was going to be next weekend! : (

I'm committed to (of all things) a Chicken BBQ that Ms bubba is organizing here at the lake. AND, I've been MIA because I've been working on finishing all of the inside work on the new house build that started in November. FTR, we're in (minimally) and about all that is left is window and floor trim.

I'm not allowed to go out and play in the mtns. just yet -- even though I was thinking I was going to be at this!! y'all have a fine time. Miss everyone 'cept for mookie :eek:

We will miss the famous brownies :D

How do we attack these puppies? From the LOJ in and out? Or from the LOJ to a car spot at the Garden? Or something else?

Jon, see my report:

http://vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31510

You can tackle them from the Garden parking lot (get there real early, like before 7, it seems with the lack of nice days, everybody is cherry picking, otherwise you'll need to shuttle from Marcy Field or run up from Roostercomb.)

You could do a car spot from Loj to Garden but it'll add a lot of time to do the car spot and it would make it a longer day!

Jay

Hiatus/Maddy, I just saw your post about Magic Pines headcount. I am going to be up in the area on Friday but staying with a friend of mine elsewhere, that should free up some space at the campsite. Should try to make an appearance friday and/or saturday night or so...

Now to get directions to Magic Pines.... :)

Jay

Last edited:
Now to get directions to Magic Pines.... :)

Jay

Take EXIT 32 off from the Northway(route 87) Lewis/Willsboro

Turn left onto CR-12/Stowersville RD 1.7 miles

Then turn Right onto US-9 2.9 miles

Campground should be on the right hand side

I mapquested the directions so if they are wrong I take no responsibility :D

Thanks Adam. I just google mapped their address and it looks pretty easy to get to.

If I get lost, I'm coming after you. :p

Jay

not going to be making it up. my excuse is similar to darl's. just getting tired of driving especially this week being on the road for 4 hours everyday for work. have fun everyone!

How do we attack these puppies? From the LOJ in and out? Or from the LOJ to a car spot at the Garden? Or something else?

In and out from the Garden you go....:D

and you might as well add Saddleback, since you will be there, and its really not much more climbing from Basin, and you really don't want to miss the descent from Basin to Saddleback....

Haystack ->Basin->Saddleback direction would be my suggestion. We actually did Basin/Saddleback together, and Haystack independantly.

I WISH I could make it, I only have sunday off -- so its really not an option for me, but I know that MichaelJ and I have been away from the DAKS too long, and are hoping to get up there for a long weekend this fall. Have a GREAT time!

Last edited:
With all the bailouts there should be room for my hammock somewhere :cool:....

I'll be there Friday evening.... hope to join Spencer's group on Saturday for the Kayak/hike on Paradox lake if you don't mind waiting for my sluggish canoe. :D

Jon, see my report:

http://vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31510

You can tackle them from the Garden parking lot (get there real early, like before 7, it seems with the lack of nice days, everybody is cherry picking, otherwise you'll need to shuttle from Marcy Field or run up from Roostercomb.)

You could do a car spot from Loj to Garden but it'll add a lot of time to do the car spot and it would make it a longer day!

Jay

In and out from the Garden you go....:D

and you might as well add Saddleback, since you will be there, and its really not much more climbing from Basin, and you really don't want to miss the descent from Basin to Saddleback....

Haystack ->Basin->Saddleback direction would be my suggestion. We actually did Basin/Saddleback together, and Haystack independantly.
Noted, and thank you JH and UD. :)

Where to hike on Saturday?

I will be arriving on Friday and am looking for something to keep me out of the beer cooler until Saturday evening.

I am open to suggestions and would be more than happy to tag along with anyone who wants company. I'm not particular as far as summits go, since I haven't bagged any Adirondack peaks.

Remember - I'm an ADK virgin :eek: so be gentle with me :D

Steve

I will be arriving on Friday and am looking for something to keep me out of the beer cooler until Saturday evening.

I am open to suggestions and would be more than happy to tag along with anyone who wants company. I'm not particular as far as summits go, since I haven't bagged any Adirondack peaks.

Steve
Steve SDG75 his name is Seth. He will be in my party at the campground. He is doing Dix Solo on Saturday. HE is actually looking for someone to hike with. What is your hiking expierence?

Steve

Keep you out of the beer cooler...HMMMMM Isn't that what this party is about....emptying the beer coolers!!!! :D