Adirondack bbq

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was hoping to hop over the pond and make a rare appearance, but i am afraid my gimp knee and other plans may get in the way. If you stumble across a hungover, limping person in the Daks on saturday, it might be me. Look for the goofy looking bastard.

I think I'd like to hike with the crew on Friday and Sunday (something short on Sun) and kayak or canoe on Sat, but it will have to be somewhere where I can rent a boat and put-in. If anyone is interested in attempting a paddle on Sat, shoot me a message!

Looks like I can make it over this year. I will be arriving Friday evening and will be looking for a hike on Saturday. If anyone is up for company on a 12 to 16 miler with a view, let me know. Long roadwalk or partial bushwhack I am flexible.

I will be coming along with 1ADAM12 and plan on a solo trip up Dix via the trailhead on Rt 73 on Saturday if anyone wants to join me. I'm not a fast hiker and like to take my time. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Seth

Last edited:
Regrettably, I am not going to be able to attend. I've confirmed that I do not have any more vacation time available, so I wouldn't even be arriving until after midnight Friday night and would have to spend Sunday driving home. I just can't justify it, and have too much to do at home as well. :(

Hopefully there will be more opportunities in the future to see those of you I usually only see at the ADK BBQ!

I will be coming along with 1ADAM12 and plan on a solo trip up Dix via the trailhead on Rt 73 on Saturday if anyone wants to join me. I'm not a fast hiker and like to take my time. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Seth

Can you be persuaded to join Fran and me on Macomb and the other Dixes instead?

Can you be persuaded to join Fran and me on Macomb and the other Dixes instead?

I have my sights set on Dix. I am planning to finish the 46 this year and only need Dix, Haystack, Basin, and Big Slide. If it wasn't for my distance from the Adirondacks and wanting to finish this year I could have been persuaded.:)

Spencer, good news looks like my wife is finally going to the BBQ with me :D
bad news I can't go on your kayak/hike trip.......thinking of taking her on a short hike with nice views.....got many different suggestions but all i really know is Mt. Jo by the LOJ.....also was going to drive up to Whiteface for her and me to see the views......couldn't get cold Long Island beer but I'm bringing up some LI wines.....sse ya soon