Banff Film Festival tour Feb. 18-20, '08 in Arlington, MA

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi David,

Thanks for the reminder. I expect everyone will want to wait till the lineup is posted before deciding on a night. We could do any of those 3 nights and have everyone over for eats before the show. We're about 10 minutes' drive from the theater.

That sounds great. What a kind offer Audrey! Having missed your November bash, I really hope it works out.

Last edited:
Anyone interested in going to the Banff in Portland? Feb. 12th at 7:30, Merrill Auditorium, $16 in advance or $19 at the door (less for students).

We could get together beforehand, too. :cool:

Hey Peter! Great idea...get together beforehand sounds good seeing the last one was cancelled.

-MEB

Is this still on for Portland?

I can not make it beforehand, but can get to the Merrill just about when it is starting... Would still love to meet up with everyone, maybe for a quick beverage after the show?

Any good coffee/dessert places in Portland?

I will bring Geneva, she is a great little traveler, and is getting BIG!

;)

question please?....when i clicked on to the link it shows 2007 on the top...I though it was an error but when I clicked on to the shows for NYC it showed the films that I saw last year...example was the Siberian Tiger hunts...I googled their site and it still came up 2007?....any ideas?

Coldfeet, they'll update as the scheduled show date gets closer. At least that's what they did for Maine.

Speaking of Maine, I'll start a Maine Banff thread. It's Feb. 12th.

Thx Townie....2/12 is my sister's b day....If all goes well I'm trying to go back to Maine mid to late August to try some kayaking...this time I'll give you a call...CF

The Regent and Hermit Lake websites keep promising a film list soon, but I still don't see one. All we can tell is that Monday's selections will repeat on Wednesday, but Tuesday will be different. I wonder if that means Monday and Wednesday will have the most popular films (hopefully that means the best?), or why choose them to show twice?

I'm probably going Tuesday or Wed, leaning towards Wednesday right now.

Unfortunately I didn't make it to the shows on Monday or Tuesday nights, but I am going tonight...is anyone else? Even if you aren't, how are the films (for all you Monday-night people)??

-katie

The films both nights were great but Monday was a little better than Tuesday, IMO . . . you will love them, I think. Sorry we missed you. I looked for you everywhere. It was good to see Arm, Stevo, JC and Dr. D . . .

sli74