Banff Mountain Film Festival in NYC: Symphony Space, Mar 6, 7 & 8

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Papa Bear

Reaction score
I know there is usually a good deal of interest in the Banff Mountain Film Festival on this group.

This year it's at the Symphony Space in NYC for 3 nights, but Sunday and Monday are the same. So you can either go Sunday+Tuesday or Monday+Tuesday. I'll probably go Monday+Tuesday.

Here's the program: Banff in NYC

Mark your calendars and I'll see you there. Meet out front at the sidewalk crack for a few cold ones after at the Dive Bar, 96th & Amsterdam.

Rg

Since Arm was good enough to give the overall list, I thought I'd bump this up.

The New York City showings will be in a little over 2 weeks on March 6, 7 and 8 (Sun., Mon., and Tues.). There are two complete evenings of films with no overlap, but the first set is repeated on Sunday and Monday.

I'm personally going Monday and Tuesday. If anyone on this list from the Greater NYC area plans to go, please post on this thread.

Over the years we've had some larger and some smaller crowds of VFTTers, but the theater is always full. I've already got my tickets from Paragon on 18th & B'way, which offers a discounted price.

The Link above gives all the details. If there's a desire, we can meet up after the films at the Dive Bar, also linked above.

I saw a lot of those flicks here in Lenox, I thought the better ones were the wildwater one, the Swiss Machine on Ueli Steck, and the Asgaard Project (which I didn't see in your film list). I wish I could see the caving one, that one looked cool.

Have fun guys, it's fun, as always... Though I miss the lafayette theater in Suffern, NY.... That place is the best!

Jay

Hi

This is the last call. I'll be there Monday and Tuesday night. If you're up for a few cold ones, meet outside by the sidewalk crack.

Just to the left of the trash can
street view