BeccaM finishes the Grid! October 8th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interestingly, this morning before I read this I met a guy in the grocery store who had done the 48x12 before Ed. He said he'd just heard from Ed that there were 20+ grid completers, and I said half of those were Ed himself.

So it sounds like the grid has now gone the way of famous climbs in the Alps (DP please correct steps):
* Totally impossible!
* Only a madman would attempt it
* For top climbers only
* One of the classic routes
* An easy day for a lady (that you, Becca :)

But seriously folks, I don't think many of these trails have gotten any easier and some have gotten longer and harder. It's just our expectations that get higher. Did anyone really think that she couldn't do it?

What a remarkable accomplishment, Becca! Congratulations! I, as many on here have, really enjoyed following your journey! What's next on the roster???

Patrick, another awesome trip report. Really great shot of it lying down! I can't believe how close you guys got!

Again, well done!
Karl

Last edited:
Congratulations Becca. Looks like you had a wonderful day on which to finish. Star the Moose was the icing on the cake, eh?

Congratulations. I am curious however, why no celebration with the other grid finishers on the summit, except for Jeremy of course. You certainly deserve the recognition.

hmmmmm good question!!!! I just cringed at being at the center of a big group... plus, I didn't want to put anyone at risk going up there in questionable weather (davebear already went up in the rain the previous saturday - YIKES!!!) .... I just wanted to "elope" and finish it :)

Thanks so much, all you well-wishers!!!

In terms of difficulty, I think in non-winter it's getting harder b/c the trails are getting so eroded!!!! NOn-4K trails are SO much easier ;) . However, in winter, it's getting easier with all the trail-breakers!!! (THANKS!!!! :))

As a side note, still no BAD reaction to the deliciously unfiltered taste of Star Lake ;)

Last edited:
Congrats! That's such a huge number of hikes! And all those April hikes too!

You picked a great summit to complete the grid IMO.