BeccaM finishes the Grid! October 8th

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Yaaaaaaaaaaay Becca!!!!!!!

Becca finished her Grid on Mt. Adams. The mission was nearly aborted for a second time due to another dicey weather forecast (last Saturday was rained out). She only decided to go for it that morning, despite high winds in the forecast.

We ascended through Appalacia along a few different trails that were aglow with autumn color, starting on Watson Path.

IMG_0733aaa.jpg

IMG_0740aaa.jpg

Jeremy (Rocket21) called me on the way to trailhead and he decided to make his way to Appalacia. He actually caught up to us above the Kelton Trail...

IMG_0761aaa.jpg

At treeline we found that the wind was indeed strong out of the northwest. We had to lean into it at times, but it wasn't too bad, and the temps were nice and warm.

IMG_0780aaa.jpg

Here's Becca descending Mt. Madison with Mt. Adams, her last grid peak, before her.

IMG_0796aaa.jpg

The moose at Star Lake, who I named Star, was hanging out near the hut. She must be well photographed by now. She's a star.

IMG_0855aaa.jpg

IMG_0889aaa.jpg

lounging long-legged ladies...

IMG_0863aaa.jpg

Despite appearences, Becca would never just drink out of Star Lake....nope...no way....not Becca...

IMG_0846aaa.jpg

Becca nearing the summit of Adams...

IMG_0820aaa.jpg

and there it is!!!!!!! yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0825aaa.jpg

yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!! congradulations Becca!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_0839aaa.jpg

Hey Becca,
I just got the word on your grid finish and came on to find your email and say a huge CONGRATULATIONS!! When I saw this post I figured I'd reply here: a grid finish and a moose sighting in one. That's excellent. A pleasure to have been on hikes with you. Beautiful weekend for it.

Awesome acomplishment Becca! Very curious as to how long it took. I went Madison and Adams for the first time yesterday and I thought about how Cool it would be to stand on top of those peaks in 12 different months. I had a forestgnome type moment up there myself with Star. She was graising about ten feet away from the Madison hut.

317840_2061312458187_1405955038_31793687_1343676564_n.jpg

Wow, what a beautiful way to finish. Congratulations, Becca. You certainly had some good company with the moose. Now Jeremy and FG on the other hand....;)

Fantastic job. Amazing accomplishment. Great pix as always, Patrick. You are the master!

Marty

It was an AWESOME day!!!! Just makes me think back to all the smiling faces along the way, and, those who helped and broke trail and on and on.... :)

I'm so glad I brought my personal photographers with me ;) Thanks Forestgnome for bearing with the peakbagging!!!

A very special thanks goes to Hiker Ed for helping me out so many times!

(now back to eating the bon-bons :))

Congratulations to Becca for an amazing accomplishment and having fun every step of the way! Way to finish in style, I consider the Northern Presis tough peaks because my knees don't tolerate the rocks. Just thinking about how much more you gridders endure is so unbelievable!:D

Patrick, Love the handle you hung on the big girl up at the hut! Looks to me like you folks were on Fallsway part of the time where the grove of big Hemlocks are. There are also a few huge spruces that look like clipper ship masts in there too! Awesome pictures! That tree makes Becca look like a little kid but we know better!;)

OUTRAGEOUS! POSITIVELY WONDERFUL!

A VERY HEARTY CONGRATULATIONS. :D:cool::)

Congratulations. I am curious however, why no celebration with the other grid finishers on the summit, except for Jeremy of course. You certainly deserve the recognition.