Blueberry Mountain Trail temporarily reopened

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelJ

Reaction score
From http://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/whitemountain/alerts-notices/?aid=10945

The Blueberry Mountain Trail, including its trailheads located off Lime-Kiln and Long Pond roads in the town of Benton, is open at this time. However, timber harvest activity will commence later in the year. The dates are unknown at this time so please check this page for trail condition updates.

For those of you pursuing the 52 With a View (52WAV) list, or anyone else interested in this peak near Mt. Moosilauke, now's the time to get out there!

Original closure discussion here.

Thanks for your diligence in keeping track of these trail closures/updates!! Will be tagging it soon from the west...

BUMP

Anybody been over there lately? I'd like to hike it this week...and while there hasn't been an update on the site, I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience.

SteveHiker and I hiked the whole trail, with a carspot, two weekends ago - Saturday of Labor Day weekend. It was fine, but there were signs of fairly heavy logging activity at both ends, particularly around the east end, near the Long Pond (North-South) Road trailhead, which you have to watch for carefully - there was an orange snow-fence blocking the logging road in there. The loggers all took the holiday weekend off, but if they were heavily engaged, you'd at least have some noise to deal with. A few photos and our track are here.

I hiked it from the West on 9/7/12 - there was active logging going on, but signs or blazes in any spot that you needed to make a turn. Once past the area of logging, it was clear sailing!! Great trail! Enjoy!