Degenerative Disc Disease

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about your condition. Glad you have a good team of doctors. I know you have a great support person at home. I wish you well with your recovery.

Just 24 hours after the procedure...real results! :)

Yesterday was one of the most relaxing days have ever spent at work and it made me realize that I have been in chronic pain for probably years and how much it has affected my everyday sense of joy and well being. Last night I slept for the first time in years in a relaxed position, no pain upon moving and legs straight, spine and neck comfortable. I looked in the mirror when I awoke and saw a well rested, younger looking version of myself. So happy.

I hope this lasts!

Yesterday was one of the most relaxing days have ever spent at work and it made me realize that I have been in chronic pain for probably years and how much it has affected my everyday sense of joy and well being. Last night I slept for the first time in years in a relaxed position, no pain upon moving and legs straight, spine and neck comfortable. I looked in the mirror when I awoke and saw a well rested, younger looking version of myself. So happy.

I hope this lasts!

What great news, Sabrina! If only everyone had such success...you may have prompted a run on VFTT members' doctors: "I'll have what she's having!"

I looked in the mirror when I awoke and saw a well rested, younger looking version of myself. !

A younger looking Unadogger, Oh wow!!!:D

You'd better be careful though if the progress keeps up you might look in the mirror and find yourself sucking on a pacifier. :p

Actually, with all that you've been through I still shake my head and marvel that you were able to do the Boston marathon.

We're wishing you a full recovery.

AActually, with all that you've been through I still shake my head and marvel that you were able to do the Boston marathon.

We're wishing you a full recovery.

It was a slow journey but I jogged every step. 5 hours 40 minutes. Not the 4:30 I had planned at the start of training. I was beaten by a 72 year old woman with plastic flowers on her head, but hey..I did it.

MichaelJ said to me a few weeks ago when I was lamenting my back issues, "at least you had the chance to run the Boston". Gratitude...a good reminder.

Thanks everyone!

I just hope it lasts! I feel weird today, moving in my old familiar ways that I must have developed to protect my back, and finding myself NOT hurting, and wondering why I am moving that way!:p

Sorry to hear of your condition Sabrina but glad to hear that it's improving. All I can say is listen to what your body is telling you and there is no substitute for a positive attitude.