Denali 2010, a sucess!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Six husbands trail was a different kind of hard, but yes, Denali makes you learn how to suffer in so many ways! Now I may even be ready for a one day winter pemi! ;)

Nah...doesn't make sense to confine the suffering to just one day. Better stretch it out to a full week. ;)

(Terminal stank doesn't set in till about day six, anyway... :eek:)

Last edited:
Loved the trip report and pics. You really made the experience come to life. Congratulations on your outstanding achievement and thanks for sharing it with us.
With all your hard work, persistence, and determination, you made you dream come to true.
:cool::D:)

Congrats on your climb! Five nights at 17 is Hard Ball.

Add me to the Denali VFFT list.....West Butress, May '85

I may have issues but I actually liked high camp! We didn't leave the tent a whole lot but I did get out to look around and we did a couple field trips. It sure wasn't the "beach" that 14 was but it was pretty cool! The views were amazing from up there! It did start to get a bit boring towards the last day though! :) I now have a lot of respect for Denali climbers. I used to think it was just a walk, how hard could it be. I learned my lesson! You can be in the best shape ever but the emotional aspect (roller coaster) of the climb can take its toll.

When my wife and I were at 17 the summit was stormy so we hung out. There were two guided groups near us who set up a volleyball net and we had a day of low oxygen volleyball. Climbing Magazine later published a photo of the game that someone sent in.

We also had time to explore towards the north summit and up and down some of the lower ridges. But, no doubt, being up there saps your strength by the day.

Dangergirl what time were those last plane of the day pics taken, I flew out from Kbase at around 3:30 pm on May 27th. I had to wait around 6 hours for the first TAT plane to come, one of their Otters had a dead battery over in the Gorge.

When my wife and I were at 17 the summit was stormy so we hung out. There were two guided groups near us who set up a volleyball net and we had a day of low oxygen volleyball. Climbing Magazine later published a photo of the game that someone sent in.

We also had time to explore towards the north summit and up and down some of the lower ridges. But, no doubt, being up there saps your strength by the day.

Very cool!:cool: Wonder how someone had the forethought and ambition to bring that equipment to 17K!:eek: I bring "Wilson" in my truck but I'll be damned if he's coming hiking with me!!!;)

Sorry for the drift Kristina, still feelin like you're in the clouds? As I said before, incredible TR and pics!

Dangergirl what time were those last plane of the day pics taken, I flew out from Kbase at around 3:30 pm on May 27th. I had to wait around 6 hours for the first TAT plane to come, one of their Otters had a dead battery over in the Gorge.
It was at 8:30pm when the last plane left! That was okay with me, I didn't want to leave! Way too much fun!