Ed Hawkins Completes His Fourth Grid on Mt. Madison 2-17-11

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
man...

...does one have to retire to do this sort of thing?
who mows your lawn in the summer? lol!

Thanks Ed, for the gift of chocolate ascending whiteface a couple weeks ago.

Cheers to you!

I think that Ed's 67x12x2 remains more impressive than his 48x12x4, given that it is really difficult to get the BSP peaks in April and November.

November is not so hard in good weather, you can drive in for the day, while April you must bag the peak then hike out

HE also has 2 rounds of the [4k each of 366 calendar days], which may be completed by the second person soon - HE says it is easier than the grid (which it might be if you just climbed Tecumseh every day) but I feel each round is more like 2 grids if you vary the peaks

HE also has 2 rounds of the [4k each of 366 calendar days], which may be completed by the second person soon - HE says it is easier than the grid (which it might be if you just climbed Tecumseh every day) but I feel each round is more like 2 grids if you vary the peaks

Reminds me about the February 29th NH4s "grid;" anyone close?

November is not so hard in good weather, you can drive in for the day, while April you must bag the peak then hike out

I thought Baxter officially closed on March 31st (through May 15), and that they only allowed Ed in on those 1st's by special arrangement?

Even then, it would require two separate trips to get Baxter/Hamlin one year and N Brother the next.

Reminds me about the February 29th NH4s "grid;" anyone close?

I don't think the word "grid" is correct though. It would simply be doing the 48 on the Feb 29ths. "Grid" I thought comes from the layout of making a fill in chart Months on one axis and Peaks on the other.

With the "every day of the year" one people should remember the days of the year move just a little bit year to year so if you simply hike every weekend you would almost finish by accident.