Edmand's Path to Mt. Franklin in the mist

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Hit the road just after sunrise. The Kancamagus, Bear Notch and Crawford Notch were quiet and misty. Saw a bull on Bear Notch Rd. who didn't want to be photographed. Saw a cow just yards before the trailhead and followed her for a bit.

6-02-07-157.jpg

Edmand's Path was lush and misty. Lots of blowdowns, most of which I couldn't drag off the trail.

6-02-07-065.jpg

Lots of wildflowers and the song of thrushes and warblers and others was awesome.

6-02-07-155.jpg

6-02-07-068.jpg

6-02-07-066.jpg

Above tree-line, the clouds consumed the peaks and visibility was very limited, but it made for wonderful atmosphere.

6-02-07-075.jpg

I wandered around for hours up on the ridge. Diapensia, lapland rosebay and cranberry were starting to bloom. Next week should be beautiful. I saw birds that I've only heard before, which looked like chicadees. They were not black-capped, but mostly brown. Great song! By the time I got to Mt. Franklin the rain started so I turned back for Edmund's Path. The rain was very light and it stopped by the time I was half-way down.

Saw a huge bull on the ride home. His antlers are huge and they're starting to spread. The winter coats are almost completly gone.

6-02-07-147.jpg

6-02-07-004.jpg

Happy Trails

Last edited:
Great Photographs!
Thanks for sharing them with us. I always enjoy looking at your work!
WSC

What lovely compositions of the flora and fauna! It captures early summer at its best. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Best Regards,

RW

Thanks! Just confirmed with google image search, definately boreal chickadees. Bugs were no problem at all, and I didn't use any repellant, but yesterday the mosquitoes on Rob Brook Trail were brutal!

Add alpine azalea to the list of flowers that I noticed just starting to bloom on the Southern Presidentials.

Happy Trails :)