Energy drinks.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use products by Hammer Nutrition and they have been great. The three products I use are Perpetuem, gels and Endurolytes.

I typically drink a liter of water mixed with Perpetuem on the way to the trailhead. As the day progresses I pop a couple of Endurolytes to help keep my electrolytes in check and I take a gel or two when needed. This has worked really well for me over the last few years.

If you are at all interested in the Hammer products and want to buy them shoot me a private message or an email. If you place an order and reference my customer number you'll get a bunch of free samples along with your order. Nothing like getting some freebies!

Ive never tried an energy drink. On a long hike I eat 2 cliff bars, 3 to 4 gel packs, some beef jerky all the while drinking gatorade (g2). In the cold temps I carry 32 ounces of gatorade backed up with thermos of hot water and a zip lock bag containing cup of soup packets and hot chocolate ( there is nothing like a piping hot cup of hot chocolate on a freezing wind blown summit.)

While on the trail, whatever is on sale locally. lately it's been PowerAde but that is also on my best financial interest to beat the drums for any Coke owned product too.

Buzzbeans (Choc covered expresso beans) are great as well as M&M's. I like the gator-ade jelly beans too (Sport beans?) In winter, whatever says soft & chewable is good, PB&J is a classic for a reason. Cliff bars over power bars & Baby-bels & Turkey pepperoni work.

I'm too old to start experimenting with the new high octane caffiene drinks but other than a cup of coffee in the AM (MD say's half caff now) I'll save the Dew's the hi-test coffee & occasional Jolt for the ride home after hiking all day.

Stewart's has its own brand of energy drinks now... 99 cents for a standard soda can...