Epic trek to Owl's Head, 5/12

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great trip report and pics Owen, the zoomed in image of the hikers on the ridge is sweet. 'Owlie' is always a fun adventure!

-Chris

Great story and pictures. First time I climbed Owls Head I doubted I'd go back. I have a couple times and will go again, for sure. Amazing picture of the nest. So many eggs!

Great TR Owen! So great to be able to share this one with you yesterday. A little pain and a lot of fun. What a great group and a beautiful day for a very underrated hike. Hope we share a few more trails on our way to the finish.

It was definitely a fun day!!! I'm glad you joined us on the hike - Owl's Head is so much more fun with a group and our group dynamic worked out incredibly well.

You think now that you won't be going back to Owl's Head again...but watch...you'll be back :D

Congrats! Finishing a hike to the Owl is always an accomplishment. Now to check out your blog and the photos!

I certainly did not expect this report to generate so many responses, so thanks a lot to everyone who took the time to respond!

Owen,
What a great hike and group of hikers to tackle Owl's Head. It's always more fun hiking with a group especially on those long ones. Hopefully, when it comes time for us to bag Owl's Head we'll have good company.

Donna:)

Thanks Donna! The group makes all the difference.

Let me know when you're ready to take on Owl's Head...I'll have to man up and accept my hiker's duty, but I'd be happy to join you guys on this trek.

What Owen said Donna - you know we'll join you too. We can make it a party! Hey Owen, two days and we're already talking about going back. Has this place got animal magnetism or what? :rolleyes:

Hey Owen, two days and we're already talking about going back. Has this place got animal magnetism or what? :rolleyes:

Give it a week or two (enough time for the soreness to fade) and I'm sure I'll be telling myself, "You know, that really wasn't that bad...not much more difficult than the 4.4 miles to Mt. Hale" :p

But seriously, it was fun.

Mark and Owen,
Thanks! What a terrific offer from both of you. Maybe in a few weeks....:D Seriously though, it would be great fun to take on Owl's Head with you guys and Nat too. We will certainly keep it in mind once we figure out what trip we'll take on the Owl.

Donna:)