Flags on the 48 - 9/11/2005

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also brought a Louisiana flag up Jefferson to add to that group's *excellent* flag and pole rig.

Thank you *EVERYONE* who participated in this event. Every year it has gotten better, involved more people, touched more people, and meant more. Yesterday was a powerful statement, and I'm thankful for all of you who had a hand in making it happen.

Tom Rankin said:
I saw at least 2 flags on Lafayette from North Twin. Does anyone know what they were ?

Yep, that was mine -- I'm a native of Louisiana, and it seemed to be appropriate. (I didn't even see this discussion before today.) I'm so glad it could be seen from North Twin! Thanks, Jaytrek57 and the rest of the Lafayette crew, for taking me and my flag as a last-minute addition. :)

MichaelJ, you never told me you brought a Louisiana flag too...

Jenifer said:
Yep, that was mine -- I'm a native of Louisiana, and it seemed to be appropriate. (I didn't even see this discussion before today.) I'm so glad it could be seen from North Twin! Thanks, Jaytrek57 and the rest of the Lafayette crew, for taking me and my flag as a last-minute addition.

Excellent!

Jenifer said:
MichaelJ, you never told me you brought a Louisiana flag too...

I hadn't said anything ahead of time because I didn't know if I'd have it - it only arrived in Friday's mail. I guess I lost track of who I'd told and who I hadn't. I sux. :(

MichaelJ - Thanks for keeping everyone informed here. Your a class act and I'm really glad to have taken part with you in this project over the last couple years. It's too bad we could not have shared a couple brews at the Mooseland. We'll move back to a saturday event next year!

Thanks Silent Cal and Michael J

This was a great and meaningful event that I was honored to participate in. Thanks to both of you and whoever else may have organized it. It was a terrific experience and I look forward to being part of it again next year.

I'll have my trip report up in the next day or two.

What a fabulous event, I'm so glad I found out about it this year. Could the weather have been any better?

South Kinsman--we could see your giant flag clear as day from the North Peak. We could also see those on Cannon, Lafayette, Lincoln and Liberty. Incredible! We somehow missed the jet flying past but we were watching people float by on those gliders.

And by the way, what's everyone's problem with the Fishin' Jimmy Trail? We loved it!! :)

Even though this was not a flags on the 48 in New Hampshire. When I was leaving a hike in New York on Sunday, I saw a telephone pole with an American flag and metal telephone identifier of 91-1. I was leaving after my hike and just noticed it. It was strange to see that out of the corner of my eye on September 11th.

When Double Bow and I were heading back from Mooseland and traveling south on I-93 through Franconia Notch (roughly 7:45pm or so), I looked out the passenger side window and thought I saw something moving up on Cannon Mountain. I looked again to see a flag flying from approximately where the Old Man used to be. Rather poignant.