For Those Who are Anxious for Winter

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He skis so well despite his broken bindings ;)
Nice video. I am so looking forward to another season exploring the BC!

See, me, I have a bark allergy. I break out in bruises. It gets ugly. Snow looks darned tasty, though...

I know a guy who could fix those bindings, you throw him a few bucks.

68 days, plus or minus till the lifts turn at Waterville Valley... 61 for Bretton Woods... and (depending on their marketing plans) could be less for Killington and Sunday River. Not that I am counting.

I've skied with Jim at several of the NET events. He's a great guy, and the video really represents his philosophy of skiing. You'd be amazed at how small and low elevation terrain that whole video was shot in.

Must
ski
soon
!!!

I may live in a fixed-heel world (for now), but I still adore skiing the trees and cannot wait to get out there for another season.

Was that Equinox where they were skiing? I didn't have audio when I watched it, but the shape looked familiar.

The snow is coming!

David Metsky said:
I've skied with Jim at several of the NET events. He's a great guy, and the video really represents his philosophy of skiing. You'd be amazed at how small and low elevation terrain that whole video was shot in.

The whole video has a nice mellow yet elegant feel to it - not steep nor full of gnar, just skillful gliding between the trees. Although those trees look a little too close together for my skill level, even with my heels securely fixed :D

The Lisa said:
Although those trees look a little too close together for my skill level, even with my heels securely fixed :D
Never look at the trees; look at the spaces between the trees.

David Metsky said:
Never look at the trees; look at the spaces between the trees.

That will be my mantra this winter then! (along with 'keep facing the fall line' and 'knees BENT darnit!') This will be my second season skiing so I am keen to to improve a lot. Lots of weekends exploring the Daks are planned. And of course, one cannot omit the Whites :)

The Lisa said:
That will be my mantra this winter then!

Don't forget the classic skiers' mantra as well: Go that way, very fast. If something gets in your way, turn.

Bad Ski Poem, Good Snow Dream

Quads, quads
Make skiers gods.
Work 'em hard, 'cause winter's comin'.

Sherburne calls, and Wildcat, too,
The DAKs are waiting, beyond the Thru-

Way.

Make those turns quick,
Avoid that bark.
See those lines
Or jump the shark.

And a small haiku
To free your heel and spirit:
Avoid eating trees.

========================

Awesome video; great philosophy.

MichaelJ said:
I may live in a fixed-heel world (for now), but I still adore skiing the trees and cannot wait to get out there for another season.

What are you waiting for? Snow? Nahhh :cool: