Google street view at ski areas

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Metsky

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
cool

nice. too bad they did not take a ride east from the top ;-)

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&l...=kkNROZCAlguUMxcLiIkgag&cbp=12,137.41,,2,8.03

I wonder if the above works. I "snowmobiled" around til I found this shot of somebody taking a photo of the Google mobile with his cell phone..

I try to run the skiers over but they all get away!.. damm.

I think I found the ski lodge... Let me try to see if I can get to the ice cream stand.... wait.. damm, I want to go to the lodge.. arrgh....

jay

Last edited:
Burke Mtn VT, and Wachusett Mtn MA have them too. If you think those are cool, check out the ski areas that are out west too. I'm looking at Snowbird, UT right now.

Anyone else notice the frequent horizontal distortions that show up as black lines in the snow? There is one just uphill slightly of the image in Jay's link.

Topo lines? I thought they might of been those directional arrows like they use for the street view (on roads) but then I saw the white carots which you can use to move. It might be indicators of how steep the terrain is, like topo lines? I dunno.. I was too busy trying to run over the skiers...

Jay