Googles

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JeffT

Reaction score
I'm going to be go my first winter ascent of Washington this weekend. I know that googles are a must, are there some specific to mountaineering or will any old alpine ski googles do?

I just bought a nice pair of anti-fog goggles at Target for 50% off. Reg. $25, on sale for $12.50.

Double layer lenses are far less prone to fogging and icing than are single layer lenses. Worth any increase in price, IMHO. (Most half-way decent ski goggles appear to be double lens these days.)

Doug

Although I use googles from time to time I prefer Yahoos, although I haven't used either on Mt. Washington.

googles of yahoos

DougPaul said:
I've seen lots of Yahoos on Mt Washington.
No googles so far...

Doug

Come back in the summer, you'll see a whole googleplex of yahoos waiting in line to get "this car climbed Mt Washington" bumper stickers.

I hope that makes you giggle. I've also seen gaggles of geese in the area... OK I'll stop now.

googles

It's not my fault. I type the work "google" several times a day. 'Goggles'... not so much.

I picked up a mid-priced pair at Sports Check.

Thanks for the advice

Last edited:
Eye oughtta report you guys. 50 lashes for each of you. As teachers, would you let your pupils get away with this? This is way too cornea.

-dave- (who has two pairs of busted goggles right now)

googgles

OK..OK...You bunch of yahoos got me as well....I have to giggle (or google) at myself this time...give me 10 lashes for being a smartass in the first place.

Any old google, or goggle will do.....the more facial coverage the better.

Over and Out.

Last edited: