GPS blackberry 8800

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, but I'll try to use my iPhone to check my mail and do a little web browsing next time I'm up there. If I'm able to get on, I'll send you a PM. ;) :D

Sorry, I can't help it, I just love the thing.

On a serious note, I'm not familiar with that one in particular, but on a general note, if it's GPS enabled, not sure why it wouldn't.

mavs00 said:
On a serious note, I'm not familiar with that one in particular, but on a general note, if it's GPS enabled, not sure why it wouldn't.
Some GPS enabled phones use an assisted mode where satellite info, time, and approximage location are downloaded into the cellphone to help it lock in on the signals and obtain a fix. (Searching for and locking into the satellite signals and downloading the satellite info can take up to several minutes for a non-assisted GPS.) If the cellphone does not have a non-assisted mode, its GPS will not work out of range of a cellphone tower.

IMO, a good design would back off to a non-assisted mode if assisted is not available, but I don't know what is actually done. And, of course, different models could use different strategies.

Doug