Hiking in the Nude

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naked everything else

I've never hiked in the nude or encountered others, and have no plans to do so. I would be concerned about shocking other people with the detailed view of my aging carcass. And my feet just aren't up for the challenge (unlike those barefoots summers of hippie youth). And as for other nude "activities" in the woods, we try to keep those well off the trail.

I do recall the thread some time ago about becoming a "forty-sexer" which is something I still aspire to. (Will the ADK 46rs give us a new patch for that?) Again, the practical limitations of shocking others to their death bear careful consideration. At the moment I am at a woeful 0/46.

AND: nude gardening, nude sailing, nude beaches, all of those I still enjoy from time to time.

Waumbek said:
There's also a hilarious mooning the Cog scene.
Those who know me well understand that this is a challange statement!! What a way to break up a Presi Traverse!! :D :D (hey, darren, we need a mooning icon!!)

[I don't know about anybody else, but my personal email folder keeps listing "Hiking in the Nude" links. Like where have I been lurking??]

Skinny dipped a few times. Actually, given my physique, I think it's called "chunky dunking." I saw one naked guy on Tuck's, but he was wearing a bug suit over his nakedness. Does that count?

National Fame

Just thought I would throw this in. Thirteen Falls was in the National Nudist Register for years as a Naturist Site. Don't know if it still is, and don't care a stitch. Vancouver, BC seems to be a hotbed of nudidity :eek: Used to go there for software (computer) training every couple of years. Incredible night life too ;)

bubba said:
(hey, darren, we need a mooning icon!!)

(_|_)

How's this?

In answer to the original question:

1) No

2) Saw a naked young lady coming out of the water in front of the Clear Pond leanto in the Pharaoh Lake Wilderness as our group approached from the south. By the time we got there, she was toweled off and dressed.

3) No

Well...you can it's spring when....

everyone looses their mind.

I cleaned up a few posts. Please, we can talk about nudity and still keep things family friendly.

-dave-

WELL.. that will take care of things!! Maybe some of the #3 No's will have to reconsider!!

Our annual (fall) gathering is around Darren's birthday [you know it's coming] so he'll have to wear his birthday suit :eek: ...wait I think he has a cast on. Does that count??

Seeker... you evidently have some company to ski with!!

Starchild - exactly, what a piece of art!! Besides, Tuxs is where they are giving out tickets. A friend of mine schooshed (sp?) the local slopes and never got a ticket. How's this for a picture... my brother-in-law's mother had skied in the all-together back in her "hippie" days. (I just celebrated Mother's Day with them/her -- she's still pretty together).

So maybe the route to take is down the Sherburne Trail - watch out for those twigs!!

1) No

2) Yes, 3 times Once on the AT I saw a naked backpacker as I stood there in shock he said "Excuse my nakedness" and kept hiking. The second time I was hiking with my girlfriend(wife now) in Connecicut and saw a nude man running down a trail away from us. The third time was in Alaska last year I was on Matsu Galacier and saw someone skinny dipping in a water pool on the glacier.

3) Not unless I have to.

I've only skinny-dipped at the end of a hike. Well, there was the time I was hiking in extreme heat and had a rash starting on my, uh, my, uh, well, what I did was tuck the front of my kilt into my pack belt so I could get some air circulation. Funny though, after an hour of that, it seemed really normal, and I thought I'd really have to pay attention, cause if I'd met another hiker I might forget the kilt was up. Never did see anyone. And I've never seen anyone else nekkid.