Interesting article on Cougar attack in California

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont have the link right now, but there was something going around a while back... where a mule kicked the crap out of a mountain lion in arizona that attacked a party of one or two humans and some dogs. I think it went after the dogs, which funnily enough were captured in a picture sitting side by side watching this mule fight the cat.

I think the person in the incident was thrown off the mule if I remember correctly, and tried to get a couple shots off at the cat. I will try and post it later

Does anyone else remember this?

Donkeys and Mules seem like good animals to have in big cat territory.

~J

Nice story.
Our friends have a farm with goats and sheep and have had trouble with coyotes getting at them.
They considered getting a donkey to protect them.
It pretty impressive that they were minature ones. I wonder if they worked as a group for defense.
Our friends wound up getting a llama for much the same purpose..I don't know how effective it turned out as yet.

blacklab2020 said:
I dont have the link right now, but there was something going around a while back... where a mule kicked the crap out of a mountain lion in arizona that attacked a party of one or two humans and some dogs. I think it went after the dogs, which funnily enough were captured in a picture sitting side by side watching this mule fight the cat.

I think the person in the incident was thrown off the mule if I remember correctly, and tried to get a couple shots off at the cat. I will try and post it later

Does anyone else remember this?

Donkeys and Mules seem like good animals to have in big cat territory.
There was a well-publicized incident featuring pictures of a mule purported to be attacking a mountain lion. The actual event occurred in New Mexico and the lion was already dead.
http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/mulelion.asp

Doug

Donkey for dinner?

Is it just me or is the caption to the picture a little bit off in that story? If its not, poor donkeys.

"Participants behind the table act as chefs and call off the types of food they need to make an imaginary healthy meal Wednesday during a workshop at the Boys & Girls Club"