Is anybody here a hasher?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.Dub

Reaction score
Following up on the threads about orienteering (a.k.a. running through the woods) and getting in shape, and combining that with our apparent collective "brewmance," I was wondering if anybody else amongst us hashes?

On-on!! ;)

I guess you know how I feel about this! :D

Interesting statement:

"new research out of the University of Miami has found that the more alcohol people consume, the more time they spend exercising."

Last edited:
I was wondering if anybody else amongst us hashes?

On-on!! ;)

Sure, but who knew it had a name and was a sport ? And I'm pretty sure the Mesopotamians invented it before the Brits.

And I'm quite relieved to learn that regular alcohol consumption is now considered "sensation seeking, and going to extremes whenever possible."

Here's a picture of J.Dub in the foreground trying to moon a polar bear after a recent Hashing event;

4141235--250x380.jpg

Last edited:
Following up on the threads about orienteering (a.k.a. running through the woods) and getting in shape, and combining that with our apparent collective "brewmance," I was wondering if anybody else amongst us hashes?

On-on!! ;)

hmmm, so I guess our having a cold beer on Blake's summit was perfect, as you & Paul did the running part for us!!! :D

That is NOT how it's supposed to work...!!! :rolleyes:

rules, rules.......I don't see anywhere in the description of hasher that the beer can only be drunk by the runners......we ran "down" for some of the hike and we were hiking fast in some sections...:rolleyes:

We still drank the beer on the summit, didn't you????:D

I do quite a few trail run races in the Reading PA area and one of the local running clubs usually has a beer/margarita stop some where along the trail. At one race they even gave you a choice of beers.

From the Article: "The idea of pairing sweating with socializing in this way caught on around the globe, along with an accompanying clubby culture that involves lewd hand gestures, bawdy nicknames and naughty songs."

I seem to have accumulated a large repertoire of limericks to contribute. There once was a man from St. Kitt... :p