Jesse Young Rd. in Pittsburg, NH...open?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestgnome

Reaction score
Is Jesse Young Rd. in Pittsburg open and drivable? It looks interesting on the map and I'm heading up to the area tomorrow. On the not-always-dependable Delorme Road Atlas, it looks like I can take Shatney Rd. from near Back Lake. True? Thanks for any info.

Happy Trails :)

The road that I believe to be Jesse Young Rd is unmarked, no signage of any type, not as it runs off Rt 3 anyway. Exploring that area was on my list of things to do but we never got around to it. Wish I could be more helpful. I'd be interested in hearing about it if you end up hiking that area.

There's a pretty well defined path that runs from 2CT Lake (just hike over the dam and it's straight ahead) to a pond in the woods that might be of interest to you.

bob

Thanks for link, Michelle, and thanks Bob. At the moment I beleive Delorme has gaffed and labelled it wrong; I think what I'm looking at is really Indian Stream Rd., since it runs along that stream. Investigating...

Indian Stream Rd

I drove it to the end in July, with no problem. I think there's a sign where it leaves rt. 3. It should be beautiful now, with July's roadside flowers replaced by colorful leaves.

Lodging for northern 3000 footers

I stayed here when I was doing the peaks along the border. I found the price acceptable, the food more than acceptable and the people wonderful. Sportsmans Lodge and Cabins - www.sportman.com
1355 Diamond Pond Rd, Stewartstown - (603) 237-5211

When I was hiking with He Who Shall Remain Nameless in the Pittsburg area we used a map available at most of the local stores called the Connecticut Lakes Region Road and Trail Guide. It shows many of the forest roads and gate locations.It's published by the Liebl Printing Co. of Colebrook and the publishers phone # is 603-237-8650.

RoySwkr said:
Does ertain-Cay omeone-Say know where to find the map that shows the gate locations?

Thanks very much to all responders here! I had to put this off until next weekend, and this info will definately help.