July 15: Calling all small dog peakbaggers and their friends and gawkers!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PamW

Reaction score
Join Zoe, the mighty Shih Tzu (10 4ks, 16lbs), and Sophie the mini poodle (11 4ks, 10lbs) and hopefully a host of other small but mighty little hikers (only dogs under 25 lbs please, unaffiliated humans welcome) as we climb Mt Jackson and Mt Webster on Sunday July 15. Only friendly dogs (and friendly humans) please. This hike is to one of the easier NH 4 ks, but is still a serious hike. It does have some slabs near the top (see below for total distance and elevation). This should not be your first NH 4k hike, nor your dog's, unless you are prepared to carry him or her for most of the trip. Make sure to bring plenty of water (3 liters or so) and a bowl for your pup plus something for you both to eat. We'll have lunch on top and my plan is to also bring some goodies to share with thru-hikers. Other providers of trail magic welcome!

We will meet at the Jackson/Webster trailhead on Rt 302 in Crawford Notch at 8:45 for boots on the trail by 9:00am. We will not be rushing this hike. Plan on a leisurely pace. Frivolities of all kinds are welcome and encouraged. And don't forget your cameras.

If you are interested in joining us please send me an email (or a pm, but email preferred with small dog hike as the subject) with your name, your dog's name (if you are bringing one, which is not necessary), your dog's approximate weight and any previous peakbagging experience, anyone else who will be coming with you, your cell, and an emergency contact. My email is phwilmot at gmail dot com (spelling it out helps to foil crawlers). Rain will cancel this hike. We currently do not have a rain date but will try to reschedule.

Book times and distance are below, but we will be taking at least an hour more. Please join us!

Jackson and Webster
Distance 6.50 mi
Time 4 hr 42 min
Elev Gain +2876 ft
Elev Loss -2876 ft

Jackson up and back
Distance 5.20 mi
Time 3 hr 53 min
Elev Gain +2547 ft
Elev Loss -2547 ft

What a great idea - wish I coul join you. I'll be with the Museum of Science Washburn Climb that day. My post is on Jefferson. Have a wonderful day.

Sorry Ellen! It would be great to hike with you one of these days!