Kayaking pix

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Poobah Emeritus
Reaction score
Excellent photos... nice to see you're getting on the water down there.

Nice shots Darren.. I notice that's an old Mystic with the old style hatches that supposedly leak. My newer Mystic has Valley hatch covers and also rescue and T handles on it, as well as different graphics on the side...

My last kayak was on the delaware with Snowshoe, water levels are really low due to the lack of rain in the entire NE.

Jay

Great shots.

Did you happen to see any redknots? This is a bird of special conservation interest.

darren said:
A great night out on the water.

Looks like a great night out in the dunes, too. Great pictures.

raw is the way to go if you're a serious photographer.

Thanks for all the positive feedback.

Spider - hope to get on the water with you again sometime

Jay - I've never had a problem with the hatches leaking. Maybe that was just one year.

Puck - no, I didn't see any redknots. :(

Yup, low light and RAW is the way to go. :)

- darren

Amazing! My favorites: Carmel going out, the piping plover and the sunset shot... oh heck they're all awesome

Right on Darren! Sick shots as usual! From the looks of things, it looks like you've had one helluvanadventurous summer!! Keep em coming!!
HEAD

Darren,all I can say is 'oooooo..I love that stuff!"
Mrs. KD and I did a sunset paddle off Pavillion,out to Plum Is. on Sunday. It's such a nice time to paddle,the boat traffic is down, the wind starts to die,the sky becomes a color extavaganza..

You should think about coming to Exuma with us on Carl and Sam's next trip. You couldn't take a bad picture if you tried!

Daren You REally Need To Get To Maine With Those Yaks

The Maine Island Trail is great. I have two fiberglass Current Design Solstice's that unfortunately have been mostly unused for the last two summers. I used to leave them down on the beach but then some punks started taking them for joy rides so I just leave them under the deck unless we are going on a kayak trip. If you ever need info on island's and the coast of Maine let me know. I know it like the back of my hand so don't be shy. These days we are mostly sailing every weekend but we do a lot of hiking on the Islands and gunkholing in the Zodiac - Monhegan, Vinalhaven, Northhaven, Isle Au Haut, MDI etc. etc. are all great hiking islands and there are hundreds of great camping islands.