Lost my Dog on Hunter Mtn.

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Sparky may have read Dugan's post about a 'bitch in season' and went in search of her.....that is, and should remain, his private story..... :D

I’m glad your dog is safe and at home. I am curious about one thing, however. How did the leash break?

lost dog found

I am so glad that this thread had a happy outcome.

Happy Trails to you both

I had no advice to give, nor could I help, living in NY, but thought I'd say WHOOPEE! Great that you found him. :D

I gave MadRiver a whoopin' for his post...it appears he became impatient with his oxen.....I think he's all set now... :D

lost dog on Hunter Mt

Great news that you found your puppy. I never bring my puppies with me hiking because I'm afraid of they'll run off or get eaten by something bigger.

jade said:
YAY Sparky!!! :) :D :) :D Now if only he could share his experiences and let you know how he got separated.....

If Sparky showed up in Lanesville, he probably found his way down and out the south end of Diamond Notch. He probably just wanted to go bag Leavitt Peak. We'll have to look for a paw print in the canister book. :D

Matt

una_dogger said:
Yeah, I was wondering what that reference was all about, no regs against off leash dogs in the Catskills....! :confused:

Catskill Forest Preserve
Courtesy of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation

•If you bring a pet - Your pet must be under control at all times. When others approach, particularly small children and other animals, leash your dog. Keep your pet quiet. Remove droppings from the trail and camping areas.

MadRiver said:
Catskill Forest Preserve
Courtesy of the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation

•If you bring a pet - Your pet must be under control at all times. When others approach, particularly small children and other animals, leash your dog. Keep your pet quiet. Remove droppings from the trail and camping areas.

Seems standard -- thanks for the post, I think most hikers here would agree that they call up their dog and keep them from approaching others uninvited.

Campgrounds generally have the regs, though, not open trail.

Not to argue with you , but I did DEC permitted research in the catskills for five years, and in the open woods there aren't on leash restrictions, in voice control yes -- and I don't see what any of it has to do with the dog who was lost ! (and thankfully found!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.