Luxury ADK winter weekend?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like I'm going to need floor space as well......

Funky, et. al, I'm sure we could probably fit you somewhere on the floor... maybe between the squeeling pig and the mosh pit.

Anyway, not my room, I think Carol booked the room, you will have to bribe her anyway.

I can be bribed with ice cream!

Jay

Freddie - you have space in my room. Although Jay may have to go. He never said anything to me about bringing along squealing pigs. :eek: There are 4 of us in the room so I can't offer space to anyone else. I guess we will need to put the pigs in the tub!

Thanks, Carol! perhaps we can convince Jay to leave the pigs at home :rolleyes: :eek: :)

Really looking forward to this weekend!

umm Teejay, we're talking floor space, not beers!

:D Just pulling your leg TeeJay, hope you have a happy holiday ;)

Jay

Teejay, how come you have room for only one on friday but two on Saturday? What do you plan on doing with the body?

OK, my car has blown a cylinder canceling my holiday week in the Whites and smashing any hope of getting to the Maine Gathering, but I can bus to the ADK's and I have a mandate to use the rest of my vacation by the end of January.

If there's floor space still available (teejay?), I'm in.

Fred are you planning on bussing up there?

Warren, Sorry to hear about your car! I was planning on car pooling with Jay and Carol, taking the bus out to Jay's neighborhood. They can probably fit one more, not sure whose car we're taking. Give me a call over the next few days, I'd like to catch up with you. Thanks, Fred

Sounds more and more like a bunch of floor space seekers should go up early on friday and have a ball building a great big igloo or quinzee. :) The motel owners have said its OK to camp.

Warren, I think that was the idea for all of us to try to carpool on friday sometime. I am planning on taking 1/2 day on friday and then heading up. I think we should still be able to fit all of our stuff in my Outback, since we're not camping, it would be even smaller.

I like Pete's igloo idea.. I think you folks should come up on thursday and build a giant igloo over the entire Ark.

Jay

I could be up for an igloo, going up early is also possible but I may have just scored a floor spot.

Jay, Fred I'll call/email you later tonight or tommorow......

Pete, that's the most hopeful thing I've heard yet, the mechanics looked at me as if it was the death of the car and shrugged when asked if it could make it 30 miles.

Warren said:
Pete, that's the most hopeful thing I've heard yet, the mechanics looked at me as if it was the death of the car and shrugged when asked if it could make it 30 miles.
thirty-something years ago, I made it from a bit north-west of Saranac Lake to a bit past Albany, in a VW bug, with only 3 cylinders. Only problem was that I was heading to NYC.

Please check this threadout and reply if applicable. thanks.

The latter part of February is good for me. Maine's just too far, so it would be good to see some "Alligator Eggs" this winter in the Adirondacks.