Man Calls Helicopter for Injured Thumb

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would have been funny if they did pick him up with a helicopter, then took him up to 10,000 and just flung him out the door. Injury and entertainment all in the same day.

-Dr. Wu

Up until now I thought that Major League Baseball players were the world's biggest crybabies.

Hey Willie!

Remember two years ago when you broke your ankle on the Macomb Slide when you were solo hiking in mid-winter and you hiked out the seven miles to the trailhead. The best part is you didn't see a doctor for a week. Now that's tough.

I hurt my widdow thumb, wah, wah, wah...

Ya know, it's funny. I busted my ankle bouldering in Gloucester Ma, three and a half months ago. I hobbled less than a quarter of a mile out to the road, while my brother got the car. We went to the emergency room down the highway. When the nurse asked me how I got out of the woods, I told her I hobbled out. She said, and I quote "that's what cell phones are for"
I had nothing. I didn't know what to say. She was caring for me, so I wasn't about to tell her... ...well it doesn't matter. I was blown away.

My buddy skewered his leg with his crampon a few winters ago above the Greeleaf hut. We went down to the hut, drank our summit beers, I put a bandage on him and we left.

Ya know.

Joe.

Going in circles?

This could have been dangerous...Think about it...If you use hiking poles and have a thumb injury, you could walk in circles for days!

MarkJ... I think you meant to say "Thumb" up. Singular, not plural. Don't forget...his thumb had a Boo-Boo.:eek:

See you on the trail....(with both thumbs)....Walker :D

Food for though on Thumb(s)

It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small. ***Neil Armstrong***

I could understand calling a chopper to bring up some cold beer on a hot day but to carry down a thumb injury? Actually what they should have done is made a very small litter for the thumb, remove the thumb from the gentleman and carry out the injured thumb on a little. Problem solved.

I could understand calling a chopper to bring up some cold beer on a hot day but to carry down a thumb injury? Actually what they should have done is made a very small litter for the thumb, remove the thumb from the gentleman and carry out the injured thumb on a little. Problem solved.

YES. Problem solved. bobmak has proven to be a Reasonable Person.

reminds me of the time I was in Eastern Colorado hiking on the prairie - 50-60 mph winds and no shelter anywhere - well, when I went to relieve myself I ended up totally soaked - I just wished there was some one I could have called to come and change my clothes for me - hell - I even wished i had clothes to change into...:p
These stories get more unbelievable everyday - this guy would yell down the hall to have someone pass him the remote...