My Crosscountry Adventure Part #1

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seema,

Nice photos and report. Take advantage of all your free time to see the rest of the world. And enjoy. See you on another future hike.

JohnL

Seema,

sounds like an incredible adventure you are having. Keep your spirits up when rolling with the unexpected and ENJOY!!

Steve

I had an awesome time meeting up and hiking with Seema. We had such a blast!

I'm still out West and meeting up with Nancy from NY to do more hiking in Washington State.

I'll post all my pictures when I return the 2nd week in July...back to work it will be...yuck! Oh, I mean, yea! Work!

donna

Seema,
You're the bomb! Awesome pics ...... hope you bring a slideshow to the next Gathering!!

Hopefully Carla and I will see you on a part of the LT. If not, then definitely at the Catskill Gathering.

Take care,
and stay safe.

Rob and Carla

I will take a zillion cicadas before WR1 and WR2

WR1 & WR2 are what the cicadas turn into upon maturing! :eek: :eek: :D :D

We had about the same weather you did on Belford and Oxford, but instead of going back over Belford we bailed down the valley between which got us out of the worst of it much quicker. We had expected to cross the brook and walk back up the road but it was too high so we bushwhacked up the brook to the trail. Sometimes a bushwhack can be safer if you trust your navigation.

If that guy really told you to climb Lizard Head, don't buy any real estate from him, have you ever seen a picture of it?

As for Kings Peak, we did it Labor Day and there was still snow! Plus dozens of backpackers and hundreds of sheep, sheep doo on all possible campsites and in all water sources. Sounds like you had a better time even without summit.

Last edited: